Old 04-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Mine are too, do you think I should change them when I change the Mastertrack tires to the Goodyears
Just because they are made in China does not mean they will fail. Tires have been a problem but I have not heard of any rims failing. But if there has been I hope people will speak up

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 04-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Mine are too, do you think I should change them when I change the Mastertrack tires to the Goodyears
I've been pouring over these tire threads for the last week to 10 days. My trailer tires are showing very small cracks on all four. That's enough for me. Anyway, I ordered another spare from Amazon. It came back as a Akuret but the rim matches exactly to what my trailer came with. The tire looks decent, at least for a spare. It will get me home if I ever need it to.

As far as trailer tires. I'm finding even the Goodyear trailer tires appear to be from over seas. I am finding that Carlisle tires are Good and Maxxis are better. If these tires are only good for 3 years anyway and break down before they wear down, I think I'm going to go with the Carlisle.

As luck would have it, I ran out to my cargo trailer and took a look at what I had on there. I've had this trailer for about 5 or 6 years and never once did anything with the tires. As it turned out they are also Carlisle tires. There are no signs of cracking on these tires and they sit out in the sun all day long. My RV tires are at least covered at rest. I didn't do that the first year or so. I will now.

So...next weekend off I go to Discount Tire to get new rubber. All said and done, 4 tires will set me back just under $500.

Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #23
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
Just because they are made in China does not mean they will fail. Tires have been a problem but I have not heard of any rims failing. But if there has been I hope people will speak up

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Just so you can say that you have heard of a rim failing, here is a link to my post in Aug of 2013 with a pic of the hole. There are other discussions on the subject.
BTW, it was covered on the extended warranty.

Nitro fill tires
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #24

I take that back. My tires are made in China. I plan on replacing them with XPS Ribs before going to Alaska.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #25

If you switch to any forum, ie, Keystone, all have similar tire stories. You will find any tire you wish with a prior failure. Of course the OEM tires meet minimum standards. What is in your RV that you did not pay extra for that was a serious upgrade? ( I spent $800 upgrading the microwave to a top of the line convection oven combo). Prior 2011 RV; my tires looked new after 3 years and a x USA trip. Age date was good. Had a blow out. Before it rolled 3 feet from repair shop, a TPMS was installed. New Silverback would feel like a kid without shoes on a hot tar road without the system being on! Moral of the story: spend a few bucks; POTENTIALLY, save a headache! Ps: I did all the RIGHT STUFF too. Each day of rolling, hand check tires, pressure, etc. Result: Tread separation and blow out: $3,200.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #26

I also have CC 2013 34 RLSA, I had one flat tire and one more that was separating, I thought the tires always looked under inflated, 80 PSI max
So I went to Big O tire they sold me a set of 285 80 16 G rated, now I run over 100PSI
I had over 25K on the old tires
Old 07-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #27
Incheon, S. Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Jensen View Post
I also have CC 2013 34 RLSA, I had one flat tire and one more that was separating, I thought the tires always looked under inflated, 80 PSI max
So I went to Big O tire they sold me a set of 285 80 16 G rated, now I run over 100PSI
I had over 25K on the old tires
Since they are so over rated for the trailer, do you need to inflate them to 100 psi?
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #28

Mastertrack
I don't remember the size 235/80 /16 E rating? made in China
Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #29

2014 Silve back 29IK Double King DK688 235/80/16 E tires. Has anyone else ever even heard of Double King?

2014 Silverback 29IK
honker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #30

I saw those tires today on my 2015 Silverback 33rl😜 That is WHY I have a Tire Pressure Monitoring System and NEVER roll my RV without it! Hope to see them perform flawlessly this weekend on our way from Atlanta to Goshen rally! See ya'll there!!