Old 08-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #31

I am planning on buying a Silverback 29re, and then replacing the tires with XPS Ribs . Will the original rims handle the additional tire pressure, or do I need to replace the rims as well? Thanks.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #32

I would think they would. Not sure what pressure u planning to run. Replaced two of mine when I rebuilt the whole suspension to get axles back in line.

Know of some people that run 100 to 110 psi on factory rims with no issue. Don't understand unless it's the weight of their camper.

To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #33

To each his own is true AFTER WARRANTY. You had better ensure your changes do not void your factory warranty. This only becomes important AFTER a problem arises!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #34

Mine is 2010. No warranty. Everyone has their way. Doesn't mean it's wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #35

I believe on the Silverback 29RE, the stock tires are load range E which require a 80 psi rims. I plan on replacing with load range F tires (95 psi) or even load range G (110 psi) tires. So if the rims were rated for max 80 psi I will have to buy new rims.
If it were not such a big deal, I would even upgrade the stock axles with a 7K load capacity and 17 inch wheels; but just not ready to go that route yet before I have even bought the trailer. For now I am trying to budget the RV and new tires, and possibly new rims, just don't have enough info yet.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5wJoe View Post
I believe on the Silverback 29RE, the stock tires are load range E which require a 80 psi rims. I plan on replacing with load range F tires (95 psi) or even load range G (110 psi) tires. So if the rims were rated for max 80 psi I will have to buy new rims.
If it were not such a big deal, I would even upgrade the stock axles with a 7K load capacity and 17 inch wheels; but just not ready to go that route yet before I have even bought the trailer. For now I am trying to budget the RV and new tires, and possibly new rims, just don't have enough info yet.
I have a 2012 silverback 29re. Had mastertrack load range e tires that came with the trailer. I put 12000 miles on those with no issues. I just recently bought a set of marathons load range e. So far 3500 and all is good.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #37

Question on tires

First, Hello everyone. My first post....had to be about tires...right?
Anyway, I'm about to make an offer on a Silverback 29RE. I'm just coming off a series of 3 separate incidents with the chinabombs going off like a shotgun at hwy speeds. At different times, approx six weeks apart, both drivers side tires blew out. These tires were part of a set that are only 2 years old with less than 3000 miles. Thread depth was 7 to 9/32" They are on a Durango 285RL....225/75r15 e rated. (Original tires were 215/75r15 D rated) Anyway, the entire set has now been replaced with new china bombs. Brand is Greenball.
Anyway, I'm trying to decide what to do with the 29RE tires before I take delivery. I would love to put Michelins on, but cannot find a 16" tire that will handle the load.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #38

Use SEARCH function on forum and get all the opinions and stories you care to digest. Everyone has their opinion and expetience. Go forth, search, read, investigate and decide.

Get a tall drink....plenty to read ����
Old 07-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #39

Mine came with LT 235 R16 tires. Replaced with Michelins. Would never ever have an RV with ST tires. Just too unreliable.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #40

Davidg,

I have a 33RL that came with 16" Chinese tires. A few months ago I pulled them off and put on Michilen XPS Ribs. We are currently on our way to Alaska from Florida. I was not about to leave with cheap tires. Blowing one can cost a lot more than the cost of a new tire. I had XPS on my last fifth wheel and never had a problem. The give me peace of mind.