Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #1

To sell or not to sell.

I'm thinking of selling my 2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29rl. Do we sell it on craigslist or another publication? How much do they usually go for in great condition? Any suggestions on how to go about selling it?
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:17 PM   #2

I'm selling a 2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB right now, I put it on craigslist and all the local rv for sale groups on facebook.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
I'm selling a 2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB right now, I put it on craigslist and all the local rv for sale groups on facebook.
Stay tuned.....the lowball dealers will flood your inbox momentarily.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
I'm thinking of selling my 2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29rl. Do we sell it on craigslist or another publication? How much do they usually go for in great condition? Any suggestions on how to go about selling it?
Its all about finding the right buyer.....and knowing what it's actually worth which is seldom what you believe it is.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Stay tuned.....the lowball dealers will flood your inbox momentarily.
Been there. Also the gawkers who don't have a dime.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:

FWIW, I bought my Freedom Express TT from a local guy who advertised it Craigslist. I knew what I was looking for, researched prices. I'd been looking online at dealerships and RVTrader, RVT. The seller had it set up, staged nicely. Didn't take long to agree on price. Happy camper.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:53 PM   #7

Depends greatly on where you live if you live in a metro are you can probably sell it for a decent price if it is mint condition and in demand. When we lived in an area like that I sold anything and everything but............ now we live in a rural area now and can't give thing away for free....... I tried to sell a nice Ranger truck on Craigs List cheap and the only interest I had in it was to meet the guy 60 miles away (I declined). We tried a yard sale and didn't sell enough stuff to pay the add in the local paper. Put stuff out front with a free sign no luck.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #8

Quote:
I sold my 2011 Flagstaff 8528BHSS on craigslist. Sold it for 2k less than I was asking in about 6 weeks to the first person to come and see it. I only had one other call on it and they showed up the same day the first guy brought me a down payment.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #9

Quote:
I've purchased one off of Craigslist and sold two. Everything worked just fine.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #10

Craiglist worked for us!

Had a 2014 Wildwood 261BHXL--thought the grandkids would have time to camp with us...............WRONG! Too busy with their hockey schedules. Decided to sell it last spring. Made sure it was in great shape for a new owner, cleaned it up, made some minor repairs. Tried trading it, but the dealers would only offer us a little over half of supposed retail value in spite of many improvements we had made.

Advertised it on Craigslist for three weeks, got several calls and three showings--sold it for $4000 move than any dealer offered offered us as a trade. One of the interested parties came back and was angry with themselves for not having bought it on the spot when they first saw it.

Used the proceeds to buy a Rockwood 2604ws--more room and comfort for us...and when the grands camp with us, they can sleep in a tent!

Craigslist gets a from us.

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:42 PM   #11
Site Team

We had the same dealer experience.
They only offered us $4000 for trade-in on our new TT.
Sold it on Craigslist for $7500.

I never had done a trade-in before but decided I'd see what they would offer.
Just as I suspected, it was so low I almost laughed.

It confirmed why I never will do a trade-in.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #12

I sold 2 big cruiser motorcycles on Craigslist in 4 days. It's all about creating an ad that is VERY DESCRIPTIVE, and WELL WRITTEN with a FAIR MARKET PRICE. Take excellent photos with NO PEOPLE IN THEM! Showcase your rv, like in an rv park setting. No junk or distractions. Specify CASH, no refund deposit to hold the unit after showing and agreed sale price. Take your customer and cash deposit to your local bank and
AFTER THEY, they, hand the teller the cash and it has run through the
Banks money machine and its good, then both sign the agreement and notarize it RIGHT THERE AT THE BANK.
Same pattern when signing title.
Make sure warranties or As is OR where shown IS ON YOUR AGREEMENT.
Put your ad on every site of potential buyer interest. Look at RV Trader.com for similar units and pricing. It's a process!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #13

I've sold everything I've ever put on Craigslist except the two campers I tried to sell there. I tried RVT, RV Trader, various forum classifieds, Craigslist. priced them way under low NADA retail, spotlessly clean, loaded with extras I expected to get nothing extra for...just never had any luck Never even a call except from the bottom feeders that wanted to "list" them. Finally traded them both and took the beating both times. Just not much of a market in my area...Good luck.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #14

I recently sold my Truck Camper (Arctic Fox 1150) on RV Trader. I heard all the negatives, won't sell for years, to many low ball offers etc. The Truck Camper dealer offered me $13k on a consignment and the $13k was when it sold and he said about 9 mo to a year.

So I said what the heck, will put it on RV Trader, I am in no rush to sell, already had bought my 5th wheel.

My TC sold first week at FULL asking ($20k) and had 4 Full price offers, 2 were willing to pay me an extra $500 over my asking if I would sell to them now. I am a honest guy and sold to the first person that made the offer. They drove down from Ohio on their dime and picked it up, did not ask for a single penny for travel offset.

Why did it sell so fast and with 4 backups? I could say it was clean, loaded and had extras (Solar, in motion satellite tv, oversized microwave etc) and while all true, so did many others. even one or 2 said only used once etc.

I sold my 2008 that I paid $23k for, for $20k (in 2017) and it was well used, but not abused and everything worked as it should.

What made mine different? PICS! I think I was allowed 40 pics or something like that and I used 100% of my allocation. Front, side, back, bottom, top, inside every bay, every view you could dream up inside and outside. My wife staged it (meaning NO clutter, no junk laying around), I also stated in my ad that anything someone wanted a pic of I would gladly take.

I was honest and upfront, showing pics of any flaws that it had.

IMO that was the 'secret' to a fast sell.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote