Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #21

no my tank is at 2/3s full as we use lots of water when we flush the toilet. Is this wrong or should I let it fill up more.
armydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 AM   #22
Plain Old Member

2/3s should be plenty. Now I'm curious. Only problem I've ever seen outside of plugged vent or product blocking the pipe, is what OC mentioned (the cut out) or the drain pipe actually extending too far into the tank. On a Wildcat, I had seen where the pipe went into the tank and was only a few inches off the bottom. So, product piled up quick. That was a factory fix for them. Tank bottom to pipe is easy to check with an old awning rod with the 90 deg bend on the end, IF you have a straight shot, but yours, and mine both don't have that straight shot. I'd be looking into the camera / scope option to investigate a little further.

How quick does it drain when you dump?
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
2/3s should be plenty. Now I'm curious. Only problem I've ever seen outside of plugged vent or product blocking the pipe, is what OC mentioned (the cut out) or the drain pipe actually extending too far into the tank. On a Wildcat, I had seen where the pipe went into the tank and was only a few inches off the bottom. So, product piled up quick. That was a factory fix for them. Tank bottom to pipe is easy to check with an old awning rod with the 90 deg bend on the end, IF you have a straight shot, but yours, and mine both don't have that straight shot. I'd be looking into the camera / scope option to investigate a little further.

How quick does it drain when you dump?
Op stated in post 12 she is constantly "plunging the toilet to get it to go down" No one can plunge the tank you can only plunge the bowl and its tailpipe to the tank. Still goes back to the piping backing up normally 6" of vertical pipe to tank, this installation and others like it have a couple of feet of near horizontal pipe, with pipe joints. FR fixed the last one I saw, about a year ago. I think the clue here is if tank outlet is plugged, you cannot plunge it out, if toilet or tailpipe backs up you can. Wanna hear the final solution!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote