Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #1

Toilet

Hello all Ceder Creek owners. We are long term camping in seasonal lot and having trouble with our 2014 36CKTS. The issue we are having is that our toilet keeps plugging up. We tried everything on how to resolve the issue and to no avail. I have spoken to the dealer and they said it was a design flaw for which I call BS. Just wondering if any one out there has been having the same issue.

Kevin
armydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #2

Do you mean your black water drain is plugging? If so, I would suggest you do what a lot of us do and that is to not leave any of the dump valves open all the time. Wait until your grey water starts to get full, then dump the black, and follow up by dumping the grey. It flushes everything out and keeps things running smoothly. You'd need some sort of smooth PCV pipe to be able to leave the valves open all the time.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #3

no it's between the toilet and the holding tank I have my issue everything else is good to go. Its pretty bad when I'm just flushing water and the toilet plugs lol
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

Sorry, I have no idea what could be going on there. Sounds like a warranty issue though.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #5

that's what I have been telling the dealer and they are saying it's a manufacturer flaw and there is nothing they can do about it. Frustrating
Old 05-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Suggest pulling the toilet and get a flashlight and mirror on a telescoping rod and have a look. Next, get an old hose and stick it down there. I suspect the tank cutout is somewhere stuck and is turning and blocking the inlet into the tank. If that is the case, you might be able to get a flexible finger to grab it and try pulling it out.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #7

Interesting. You could likely also buy or rent one of those inspection cameras and you may be able to see what's going on without removing the toilet. I have one of these Newegg.com - 7m 22ft USB 4 LED lights Waterproof Borescope Endoscope Inspection Camera Snake Tube Pipe Compatible with XP Vista Win7 and I've used it a few times when I couldn't see something.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #8

That can be caused by the vent line being plugged. It may not be allowing the air in the tank to be pushed out when the "stuff" in the toilet tries the enter the tank. Have you noticed where the black tank water level is at the time?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #9

I empty out the black tank every day before I leave for work
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #10

Does it happen every time you flush?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #11

mlatter - that camera is sooooper cool.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #12

almost every time sometimes I get 2 days before the plunger is out lol
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #13

Checked the roof vent and from what I see there is no blockage from that end
Old 05-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by armydriver View Post
Hello all Ceder Creek owners. We are long term camping in seasonal lot and having trouble with our 2014 36CKTS. The issue we are having is that our toilet keeps plugging up. We tried everything on how to resolve the issue and to no avail. I have spoken to the dealer and they said it was a design flaw for which I call BS. Just wondering if any one out there has been having the same issue.

Kevin
I've seen in this problem before in this forum before where normally its a straight connection from the toilet to the tank directly below. However in many cases the builder must route piping a few feet away using plastic slip on fittings. Problem is every fitting leaves a ledge in the pipe route at the entrance and exit of every 45, and 30 degree fitting, even couplings. You can imagine for a pipe to go down, angle back maybe angle across and finally down into the tank, there are lots of ledges for retarding water flow and collection. One way to help this is to fill the bowl before flushing each time, more water flow = less collection. PIA but easier then going to the restroom every time.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #15

there are 2 45 degree angles but from what I see the seems are outside the piping. We do flush a bowl or 2 of water down when we use it also. This is our 3rd Forest River product and never seen this issue before.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #16

Would also like to thank the community for helping me out on here. I found the number for Forest River warranty and I will call them in the am. Once again thanks to all of you for the help and advice it sure is appreciated
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Would also like to thank the community for helping me out on here. I found the number for Forest River warranty and I will call them in the am. Once again thanks to all of you for the help and advice it sure is appreciated
Sure, just remember when you talk to them. Ruffles had ridges and so does glued, welded, brazed and screwed pipe. All cause resistance to flow.
In addition you heard it here, this is not a new problem and they've dealt with it before, maybe can increase diameter of piping etc. Just some arrows for your quiver!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #18

Quote:
that's what I have been telling the dealer and they are saying it's a manufacturer flaw and there is nothing they can do about it. Frustrating
Yes they can. If its a manufacturer flaw then it is covered by warranty. Which manufacturer are they taking about Cedar Creek or Dometic or whoever made the rest of the system? I'd give Cedar Creek Warranty people a call. I'm sure they will get it resolved. BTW what did they say the "flaw" was.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #19

piping had to many elbows in it
Old 05-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #20
Plain Old Member

I say BS on too many elbows. Ours has 2, and it's worked fine. You said one thing that's got me curious. Dump every day? Are you filling the tank a good bit before you dump? Are you flushing it by filling a little then dumping using the black flush? If you just pull the valve every morning, it might be like one I just fixed 3 weeks ago for a neighbor. Piled up paper where the inlet goes in the tank. Always bad business to not let the tank fill up a bit before dumping. Just curious. Way too many CC's on here without that problem.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote