Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
I have the TrailAir on my Creek. I've put a little over 11000 mile on her in 9 months since new. I add air about every other week when the temp remains stable. Checked the valve, no leak that I can see after a couple of minutes watching it. Since it requires routine service, I added one of those S/S hoses that you use to service the spare so I don't have to haul my tired old backside up into the bed to service the thing. I think at some point down the road I'll change it to Nitrogen since it seems to hold better in my tires. You know, bigger molecules or something like that, or maybe it's just got more magic than pure old air!

Travel safe & enjoy the ride!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
I have the TrailAir on my Creek. I've put a little over 11000 mile on her in 9 months since new. I add air about every other week when the temp remains stable. Checked the valve, no leak that I can see after a couple of minutes watching it. Since it requires routine service, I added one of those S/S hoses that you use to service the spare so I don't have to haul my tired old backside up into the bed to service the thing. I think at some point down the road I'll change it to Nitrogen since it seems to hold better in my tires. You know, bigger molecules or something like that, or maybe it's just got more magic than pure old air!

Travel safe & enjoy the ride!
thanks, since we have the same RV and you add air about as often as I do , maybe its normal.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #23

I just had one added to my 5er and it really helps the ride.

It does seem to need some TLC on getting the pressure just right, but since it takes quite a bit of pressure (80+ psi) and the volume is so small, it doesn't surprise me that there are "variations" in the pressure.

Please let us know what you find out when it comes back.

Thanks,
-Keith
kablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablair View Post
I just had one added to my 5er and it really helps the ride.

It does seem to need some TLC on getting the pressure just right, but since it takes quite a bit of pressure (80+ psi) and the volume is so small, it doesn't surprise me that there are "variations" in the pressure.

Please let us know what you find out when it comes back.

Thanks,
-Keith
will do if it ever leaves the dealer, came back from 4 months at fort wilderness on oct 6 dropped off for repairs, got it back in time for 3 weeks at fort wilderness in Feb. than back for repairs
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote