Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #21

I installed Elkhart tool's Quadra Step on my Cardinal. I had to drill and install bolts in different places. I'm sure that mountings have changed over the years since my install but rest assured once you expierence the Quad with 7" rise versus Triple 9+" rise your knees will thank you.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
Not-so-Junior Member

I have heard that Columbus is going to be installing the 4-step entry on new models.

We really liked the 4-step entry on the Brookstone 310 plus the independent front jacks. However the Columbus 295RL was an easy choice for us so we did not get those features. We're going to get the 4-step entry for sure and will do without the independent front jacks.
• 1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #23
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
I used the Elkhart Tool & Die Quad step. Much stronger than Lippert's model. It extends away from the coach more, so there is some added bounce. I use slide stabilizers from Stromberg Carlson to take care of the bounce. Had to trim a little on mounting + drill new holes, no big thing to worry over though. We've been using ours about 10 months now without any problems. BTW does anyone need a "like new" three step set?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbritt View Post
Here's what I did and you can fit them on your next RV....much better than RV steps www.rvsmartstep.com a little pricey but well worth it
Has anyone had any luck with this website...or is my computer illiteracy coming out.
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #25
Certified Curmudgeon

I used the ETD Quadra Step based on Mikey's recommendation and we are very
happy with them after 6 months of everyday use. I did make a step support to get rid of the sponginess. It clips on the
2nd step support bar as it must be removed for folding.

The Smart Step is an aluminum ladder contraption that fits over the OEM fold outs. It has a rail that attaches separately.
The website was www.rvsmartsteps.com not rvsmartstep.com but is defunct.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
First thing I notice when we bought our '13 Creek was the weakness in the fold out 3 step unit. I talked with the engineer @ Elkhart Tool & was convinced they had the answer I sought, so after about two months we got the Quadra Step installed. After more that a year of continual use, we are lovin em. Did add Stromberg Carlson's slide stabilizers to eliminate the big butt bounce everytime I went up or down them though.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #27

I also installed the Elkhart Tool Quadra Step and love it. I had to drill two new holes in it to get it bolted. I'm 195 pounds and there is some spring to the bottom step, but it really does save the knees. My wife had some hip issues and it was a lot easier for her. After reading this thread, I think I may have to get some supports for the steps.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote