Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

Tucked the beast in it's hole

Well, this afternoon Wifey and I made it official. We put the cover on the Beast despite being showered in leaves. It was an uphill battle but one that we won. I hitched up for the last time this season and tucked it away on it's crushed road-mix driveway alongside our shed for a long winter's nap. I disconnected the battery and brought it into the garage for a recharge here and there. (The battery tender is on Hogzilla). Another early end to a fantastic camping season. I go in for hip replacement surgery Monday at 5:45am. I'm looking forward to getting this procedure done since I've been limping like a 90yr old for a year. Nothing was going to come between me and a great 30 day excursion with the family last summer. I just kept hobbling along mumbling....1,2,3,4 I love the Marine Corps. So, I'll be away from my laptop for a while but itchin' to raise hell once again when I'm back home! Enjoy ya'll's Columbus day w\e and have a cocktail or three for me.
Ciao. Mikey
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #2

Good Luck with the surgery! Ours is still out but looking to winterize soon if we don't get out next weekend.

Speedy recovery!
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #3

Best of luck with your surgery!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Hope your surgery goes well and you are back up and around soon. Meanwhile, enjoy your hibernation.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Best of luck with the surgery. We are doing the final preps getting ready to head to FL at the end of next month.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Anacortesians

We'll have ours done middle of next week. Overnight lows are hovering around 40F. I already emptied the water heater and potable tank and dumped the black and grey tanks. I just have to blow the lines and put pink stuff in the traps.

We had hoped for an end-of-season trip, but I dislocated the middle finger of my left hand four weeks ago. Driving is difficult and setting up and breaking down a campsite would be impossible. Another week, and I start therapy to get it working again.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Recover quickly, we need you on the road!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #8

Good luck on the surgery. This is our last camping trip. Will flush the tanks and then head home and winterize and get ready to cover it up! Already thinking about next spring.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #9

good luck. I feel your pain (literally)...gonna get in one more trip this week to caprock canyon tx. then I'm going in for my SECOND shoulder repair/reconstruction on the left as I just had the right done aug 1st.......I was warned it was one of the worst/longest recovery ...no lie...I'm 10 weeks into therapy on the right side and still only 50-60% .....

anyways good luck...stay positive and dedicated to the therapy/recovery process. ..its all for the better! ! (I keep telling myself that....lol)
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Best wishes for a successful surgery & a speedy recovery. May the Good Lord watch over your & yours during the surgery & recovery. Hurry back to battle & raisin cane!

We are completing the TX FROG rally in Kerrville & day 114 so far this year, would have been longer but ya know this govt shutdown sucks - Parks closed, caused us to rethink rest of trip. This far south in TX we don't winterize, but I can appreciate those less fortunate, not to live in God's country.

Again, best wishes for a successful surgery and pain free recovery.

Safe travels & enjoyable journeys!