Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #1

Type/mfg of new Cedar Creek slide outs

I know the slide outs are hydraulic and have 3 individual controls but I cannot find who makes them. I am interested in finding a way to prevent corrosion on the metal floor supports.
Patrick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Full Timer

I think they might be Lippert, when you say metal support I am guessing your talking about the arms that drive the slides in and out, If so I noticed mine was light surface rusting from being in the Keys, I thought I would hit them with some high end spray paint.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #3

I have a Salem park trailer which I am trading in for a Cedar Creek fifth wheel. The gear tracks have rusted and I had to wire brush and lubricate heavily when I closed up for this winter. My new coach has the same hardware so I would be interested to know if a high end paint does prevent this being that the factory paint is thin and does not last.
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #4

When I pick up the trailer and before it reaches the ocean I am going to coat the metal on the slide and stabilizers with Corrosion Block. It will not evaporate and if I spray everything twice a year I should prevent much of the rust.

Lear Chemical Research Corporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKranec View Post
I have a Salem park trailer which I am trading in for a Cedar Creek fifth wheel. The gear tracks have rusted and I had to wire brush and lubricate heavily when I closed up for this winter. My new coach has the same hardware so I would be interested to know if a high end paint does prevent this being that the factory paint is thin and does not last.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #5

Lippert fabricates the metal portion of the slide.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #6

I may try using the corrosion block.
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #7

I talked to Corrosion/Lear today and they said to make sure whatever you sprayed on the lippert moveable components complied with their warranty info. They said they might require a dry lithium.