Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 PM   #1

Under sink vents

Anyone with a 36 ckts find any other under counter auto vents? I only find one under the kitchen sink.

I’m trying to find a strange smell in the basement.
Boatdude62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #2

We have a 2017 36ckts and I have only seen the kitchen sink air admittance valve. Can't recall seeing anything for the bathroom sink and shower.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:09 AM   #3

I have a 2016 36CKTS. There is a second under sink vent in the bathroom. It is located through an access hole in the wall under the left side of the sink.
happy traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy traveler View Post
I have a 2016 36CKTS. There is a second under sink vent in the bathroom. It is located through an access hole in the wall under the left side of the sink.
happy traveler, thanks for the information. Great to know!!
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:17 PM   #5

As Happy Traveler mentioned under the bathroom sink and to the left thru a very small hole. If you need to replace that valve at some point remove the in wall linen closet in the bedroom and then you will have very easy access to that valve to your left. After doing that I enlarged the undersink hole for easier access in the future. I have a 34RLSA and this assumes your setup is the same
Old 02-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #6

We have a bad smell that noticeable in the basement storage. This vent is most likely the issue. The vent under the kitchen sink went out and was replaced.

How is the cabinet held in the wall? I not find any screws in the bathroom cabinet.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #7

The valve under the bathroom sink and through the hole on the left, is a back flow preventer valve for the black tank water pressure clean out. It is unlikely this is the culprit. If it was leaking, it would drip into the basement storage compartment and be easily detectable. The under kitchen sink valves are just rubber flappers and not very effective at sealing or stopping odor. I replace ours with a household type from Lowes or Home Depot and it has totally eliminated the odor. If it is not that valve, then it may be a leak under the basement around the tank valve(s) or connection hose which means the under belly will have to be removed for inspection and repair. Good luck.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #8

What I just learn....on ours, the auto vent is locate right beside [left] of the pressure valve. I barely got my hand in there to change it out, but it’s replaced with a new one. Thanks for the tip. I never knew that access hole was there. Have to wait and see if it corrects our evening smell issue.
We think the roof 360 vent is somehow plugged or restricted. That will be our next project if the smell continues.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	196558

Tags
sink, vent