Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #1

Update on bedroom slide on 2014 CC 38CK

Well we got our 5th wheel back yesterday after taking back to the dealer because the bedroom slide would not go in or out , it took about 1 1/2 months and they had to remove the slide and replace the floor and carpet because they said it was not sealed from the factory at the molding at the bottom of the slide and water had gotten in and swelled the floor and not letting it go in or out . They also found a hydraulic leak at the back of the dinette slide and fixed it . So now maybe we can get in our 1st camp out in our new unit . Still have problems with the storm door slide falling out of the track even after FR sent me a new one , seems like a bad design if you ask me . Our old unit had a ball type catch and you didn't have to use a latch and we never had any problems so I guess it's how they make stuff so cheap now a days . Pretty bad when our daughter came to see our new rig today and she points out just how crooked the outlets are in the unit , she even said they must of been drunk when they put the thing together or just don't care about what it looks like . I agreed with her about not caring , seems no one does these days .
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #2

Sorry about your issues. Just goes to prove, every manufacturer can build a bad one. My 10 year old Creek has never had a warrenty problem.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #3

I have had good luck on last two Cedar Creeks that we have owned, a 30 RL and a 32 RL but the Wildcat Sterling we brought was junk. We have had one bad camper out of the five we have owned, I want a 36CKTS for my next one but that's four years off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #4

Wait til you find that half the screws under the carpet flap that secure the slide glide are broken off and left in place because they were over-torqued on the 38 CK.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #5

That's good to hear Sterlingsilver , lol we are already looking at getting rid of this POS and haven't even camped in it yet , every time we open the door something else is wrong . We have owned many of RV's new and used , motorhomes and trailers and have never had problems like this . We are convinced that FR is all about getting as many out the door as possible and No QC at all . We are looking now at units with full life time warrantys , a couple people at where we have our sight at have units that came with full life warrantys and the dealer comes out to you on most small stuff . Hard to beat that .
Old 06-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
That's good to hear Sterlingsilver , lol we are already looking at getting rid of this POS and haven't even camped in it yet , every time we open the door something else is wrong . We have owned many of RV's new and used , motorhomes and trailers and have never had problems like this . We are convinced that FR is all about getting as many out the door as possible and No QC at all . We are looking now at units with full life time warrantys , a couple people at where we have our sight at have units that came with full life warrantys and the dealer comes out to you on most small stuff . Hard to beat that .

A camper like that I would like. Who makes it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 CC 38CK View Post
We are looking now at units with full life time warrantys , a couple people at where we have our sight at have units that came with full life warrantys and the dealer comes out to you on most small stuff . Hard to beat that .
That lifetime warranty comes from the dealer, not the manufacturer. Chances are you will pay a higher price for any unit bought with a lifetime warranty.

Sorry about your issues. I'm in my 4th season with our Cedar Creek product and all issues have been very minor.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

Just came cross this thread. I find it interesting yours had the same issue with the bedroom slide that our previous Silverback 35QB4 did. I got a thread on here somewhere about ours. Let water in, but not out at the bottom molding, swelled and molded floor etc. Some on the lot were the same, so they noticed as they were repairing ours. We actually got a way better floor the second go around. Wasn't from FR or CC. I won't go into all the issues we had, but it was a lot. Less than a year old, we let it go at a loss and you see the signature now. Of course there were other contributing factors like getting out of full timing and not needing a 40' rig. Hope you get everything ironed out.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #9

Last time I was in the unit I open the door and the wall moldings are popping off the wall . Looks like the person installing them didn't have any idea what he was doing and shot all the staples all the way through the molding . Again very poor QC . The dealer here in indiana that offers like fe time warrantys is Modern Trailer sales and from what I have learned is it is honored nation wide . Something to look into .
Old 06-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #10

Not sure what you mean by "wall moldings". I did completely rehang the bedroom sliding door in the hall and both sliding doors in the wardrobe. They all worked but looked crooked. Long staples through the moldings caused the installers to mount the door tracks back away from where the should have been. I just cut off the staples and re mounted the tracks. No biggie but it sure looks more professional.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #11

The moldings where 2 panels come together and at corner going up the steps , yeah I hear ya on having to redo so much . Like I tell the wife I think the people putting in the outlets are drunk , not one is straight in the unit . The one next to the tv in the living room is so crooked you would think he or she was standing on the wall when it was installed it is so crooked
Old 06-11-2015, 07:34 AM   #12

All in all we still really like our 38CK. We will be going from Ohio out to Pasadena and then down to Florida. Given my druthers I would have liked to purchase it in kit form and assembled it myself. As it is, we have engaged a cabinet maker to fabricate at least one new cabinet that we want. Maybe you should get a craftsman in and get things put the way you want. It might be cheaper and less frustrating.

Tags
2014, bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide