Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #1

Waiting on pins and needles!

We got word that our new Ceder Creek 36CKTS is scheduled to come off the line Jan 15, 2015. Not the best time to receive a new RV in Ohio but we are looking forward anyway.

Just looked at the ICON.. We will need to update that and the signature line when we trade in the Georgetown!!

2015 Ceder Creek 36CKTS
LeNe4847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

When did you place your order?

We're also waiting to hear a build date for our 38CK. We were given
an estimate of Mid- January.

Excited. Friday, we drove 150 miles one way to see a 38CK in stock at a dealer. Just to look again.
Gordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

Order was placed the first part of Nov. Not sure exactly as we went back and forth on the details and options. I would have prefered it not be built until the snow is gone!

Lee

2015 Ceder Creek 36CKTS
Old 12-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #4

The industry itself needs over 2000 (Two Thousand) independent drivers to deliver product from the factory to dealerships nationwide. There may be a back log of units so sit tight.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

For your consideration; When the assembly is completed the unit goes off to paint which also takes time. Just sayin!
We went from full timing in a 36CKTS to Summer travels in an A. From experience I can tell you that you will miss the convenience of access to "facilities" and setting up/breaking camp however you will appreciate the storage and cavernous living space.

Enjoy your CC. We sure did.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #6

Just say'n 😞 during factory tour they informed us that NO customer can come to the factory for pick up. They had tons of units sitting in lots all around the area waiting for delivery drivers. I am sure that attracting drivers is more difficult in an improving economy. Better opportunities out there! You MAY get lucky or you may be waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #7

If you are taking delivery some time in January or February, I would strongly suggest that if your CC was delivered on roads wet from snow....you take it to a car wash asap and wash everything really good (especially the frame, springs, and wheels) to get the salt off. If you don't, in a year or so you have rust everywhere.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
New to Forest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Just say'n 😞 during factory tour they informed us that NO customer can come to the factory for pick up. They had tons of units sitting in lots all around the area waiting for delivery drivers. I am sure that attracting drivers is more difficult in an improving economy. Better opportunities out there! You MAY get lucky or you may be waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

We purchased our Rockwood 2703WS from a dealer in Vancouver WA and picked up the unit from a dealer in Elkhart, Indiana. The local dealer adds batteries and does their detailing (to one degree or another) and does the walk through with the buyer.

We have had mixed feelings about this. The dealer in IA has very little skin in the game. We found several minor items in the walk through that the local dealer would not address so we added them to our punch list for when we returned home. I did find some suspicious gaps in the sealant above the front cap and was told that they would not have time to repair them. I called the dealer where we purchased the unit and the tech was out with a tube of Dicor in about 15 minutes.

When we attempted to run the kitchen slide in the actuator failed. To their credit the dealer made a run to the Lippert warehouse 20 miles away and fixed the slide. Although the comment I made about camping in their parking lot until the slide was fixed may have entered into their decision. As a side note, the dinette slide actuator failed on the morning of our last day. Roadside service was very prompt and although they were not able to fix the actuator, they removed it and manually retracted the slide and secured it for travel.

All in all, our experience was positive largely do to the support of our local dealer.

We put about 50 days and 4000+ miles on the rig on our trip back to Oregon. We added a couple of items to our punch list and expect to have our TT back for a trip South after Christmas. I could get used to retirement 😉

Grey Nomads, Ron and Sue
Old 12-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Our Rockwood 8329 came off the line on 12/19/13 and didn't arrive at the dealership until mid January. Now granted there were a couple of Holidays in there but still our dealer is located in Northern Illinois...about 3 driving hours from Goshen. Have patience!
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Hey Duckogram, they may paint the "A's" that way but the TT's are painted or decaled before and during assembly.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
(Dry Huunday)

No matter how long it takes....it will seem like FOREVER!!!
Oh and another thing.....the longer it takes, the more money you spend ordering stuff for it!!

At least that is how it seemed with ours and it was only 2 weeks past the "approximate delivery date!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #12

Lee sit tight,just fire up the (Wood working Tools) and build something for the New Unit! Hey what are you going to pull it with? Are you going to bring it to the (Tadpole Rally) and let Aquaman do a (Plumbing PDI) on it! Youroo!! Your Adopted BIL!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #13

Well a couple of weeks/months would be just great!! No Salt!! Yes, I will definately wash off the under carrage if it looks like the brought it in on salty roads.

Youroo,
I don't need to build anything!! I can't think of anything to Add!! We are not sure about Rising Sun. Depends weather or not I learn how to back it up!! And no plumbing check needed!!

Lee

2015 Ceder Creek 36CKTS