Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #1

Water filter canister and rv/city water tank diverter

I've got two new issues....

1. I opened the water filter canister to switch out the filter and now cannot get the cannister to stop leaking. It wasn't leaking before. I've tried a new O-ring, silicone sealer, etc and it will not stop leaking. Any thoughts?

2. The valve that you turn to switch water intake from city water to the fresh water tank is no longer working; there is no resistance when I turn from 'city' to 'rv" and when I'm using the park's water supply I'm overflowing the fresh tank. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem?

Thanks so much!!

Jerry
GRHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Clean smooth surfaces are a must. O ring could be pinching so you might try coating it with vegetable oil. Also the mating surface.

City/Fresh lever is a simple valve. I think you might have a loose set screw in the handle. Time to break out the small allens.

Hope this helps.

Tags
tank, water, water filter, water tank