Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #1

Water leak in storage area.

I have a 2015 cedar Creek CKTS and I noticed that there is a water leak in the storage compartment around the wood where the drain comes down.I believe it is only when the shower is being used.I noticed that there is very little to no chalk around the top of the shower but it is pretty high.I also noticed there is no chalk around the bottom of the door.(I don’t think this would cause the issue).I took of the faucet and did not see a leak in the wall.Any ideas?Could it be the lack of chalk?
bt_1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #2

Can't speak for you specific model, but we had water on the bathroom floor and it turned out to be the flange bolt on the bottom of the shower drain was loose - our access to plumbing is through a small access door outside, went in there and tightened it up by hand and no more water.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #3

water leak

We have 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback. We also had a leak in storage compartment area under shower. But it turned out to be a water heater tubing leak. Just added a new clamp to one of the tubing connections. I had to get into the storage and pull back a fiber board panel with paper towel until we found it. Works great now! Hope this helps and you can find the problem.
fordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Plain Old Member

Ours was leaking where the arrows are pointing in the attached picture. I pulled the whole thing loose, flipped it over where the hose comes out the bottom now, lined the black plastic piece with butyl, reinstalled then put a bead of sealant around the assembly. This along with the hot water line to the faucet was leaking into the basement.

What threw me, is I just thought I had found the leak when I retightened the hot water line. Then when the water appeared again, that's when I found the other leak.

Good thing was, I had installed an access panel in the bedroom before we ever used it, so access from behind the shower was easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower Leak c.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	394.3 KB
ID:	60545  
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Here's the access panel I put in. May not be the most attractive thing in the bedroom, but sure is easy to inspect things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower Access Panel a.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	60547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower Access Panel c.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	60548  
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
CCRVOC

I had a leak in the basement under the shower, and it turned out to be a loose connection from the black tank rinse hose. Easy fix, thankfully.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #7

I hope it turns out to be an easy fix, I have a LCD inspection camera with a 3 foot tube and I am going to try and figure it out this weekend. I hope. It is still under covered since it is only 2 months old but the dealer is 1500 miles away. Plus I like to try and find thinks my self. LOL
Old 08-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38FLCamper View Post
Can't speak for you specific model, but we had water on the bathroom floor and it turned out to be the flange bolt on the bottom of the shower drain was loose - our access to plumbing is through a small access door outside, went in there and tightened it up by hand and no more water.

I had exactly the same problem on our last weekend trip a couple of weeks ago. The flange must have vibrated loose while we drove back from WA the week before as we didn't have this leak during our two week vacation. Tightened it all up and problem solved - for now.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With a F350 dually
2014 29nights and 3300km.......so far

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #9

Door seal on driver side

I have narrowed down my rain water leak to the D shaped seal have all collapsed.
Next project will be to replace the rubber seal with new D shaped seals.

Anyone else have this happen?
jwakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
We have a leak in the cargo area in our WP25ULA... it is coming form the outside ... the hinge has little tine slits at the top and water runs down the wall onto the hinge tio and into the cargo area. It was a bear to spot!! Dont know how they are going to fix it but they need to get it fixed!!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #11

Mine was the shower drain both the flange that attaches to the shower base and the drain pipe itself. I tightened both by hand and then another half turn with a channel lock . My kitchen sink was also loose and required re-tightening.
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #12

I did my inside shower drain and it fixed the problem, I hope. I tightened it and also chalked it and around the shower door and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for all the input.

Tags
leak, storage, water, water leak