Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #1

Water Leak on 2012 Cedar Creek 36RD5S

My Galley Grey Tank was full to the point water was backing up into the sink on one side while stopper was engaged on the other with sink about half full. Before I emptied the tanks, my wife pulled the stopper`. When I went outside there was water leaking down the outside of the unit just below the furnace exhaust and water leaking from the inside of that same wall. Is there an overflow outlet located under there or do I have a big problem?
irish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #2

I know on my Cedar Creek there is a vent for the sink under the counter just beside where the plumbing goes through the floor. I had too much dish soap in the sink one time and when trying to drain it it bubbled over on me to the floor. Not sure if yours is there too but that would be my first place to look.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Pretty standard for water to backup into a shower or galley sink when that tank fills up. Do you have level lights that monitor that? My black tank filled once when my flushing valve leaked by. I didn't think the connections would allowed leakage but they did. Not fun cleaning that mess up. Had to remove panels and cut/modify areas to get to everything. Your tank probably has vents to the roof and screened vents for overflow under. The vents under are restricted won't allow much, maybe drips.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #4

We have same unit. Under the sink, on the right side, where the drain pipe from the sink goes toward the wall, there is a T with a pipe going up with a vent baffle at the top. That may if not working correctly and could be where the water is coming from, that's the first place I would check. If the shelf and floor is wet, bingo you found the problem and it is easily fixed. The galley tank is right below the sink, oven and refrigerator. Between the gas oven and the refrigerator, about 2 feet from the wall is where the drain pipe goes through the floor into the galley tank. The drain pipe as it goes along the wall behind the oven, vents up and out the roof. It may be that one of the couplings are leaking, cracked, or etc. Turn off the LP , bleed the gas off, then disconnect the oven. Pull the stove top/oven to get to it. If it's none of the above, sorry it most likely is the tank could be cracked or pipe leaking. You'll need to pull the under panels toward the rear of the 5th wheel from the drop down by the steps of the back door, to just before the front door (over the axles). If it is the tank, the insulation will be wet, but not just by the wall, it should soaked, by what you posted.

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #5

Thinking it was coming from a vent. Once the tanks were emptied the water stopped and there was no sign of moisture inside the RV. I stopped looking at the Tank Indicators since they were never right. I usually have an idea when they are nearly full and get them emptied. Thanks for the responses and ideas.

Tom
irish01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, cedar creek, leak, water, water leak