Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #1

We are new owners of a 2007 Cedar Creek 34SAT and could use some help.

We just recently bought this camper and while setting it up at our permanent site we had some trouble getting our slides out. We were plugged in to full power source, yet the slides would stop and a alarm/beep would go off. The alarm would stop after a few seconds or so and we would wait a few minutes and try again, we did eventually get all the slides out but we can find nothing in the manuals we were given that explains what that beeping was or why we had so much trouble with the slides. As a matter of fact, there is nothing in the manuals we have that tells us anything about the slides. I went to Forest Rivers site to look for owners manuals but all I could find was the same generic one I already have. Does anyone know what this was?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #2

Could be your battery. Even though your plugged in your battery needs to be good to move the slides out. It sound like the battery has a little charge allowing to move the slides a little at a time. If your battery is new could be your converter/, charger

Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #3

I had the same problem earlier this Fall and found the answer at Lippert's website.

• All LCI 12VDC electrically operated slideout and hydraulic pump unit motors are designed to work off of the coach’s battery system.
• All LCI 12VDC motors require DC or Direct Current to operate properly.
• Batteries must be fully charged and indicate at least 12VDC minimum under load for proper operation of all LCI 12VDC motors.
• The AC converter is a charger that “converts” AC or Alternating Current into a DC charge to keep the coach’s battery system fully charged.
• Utilizing the coach’s AC converter to operate the slideout or hydraulic motors will spike the amperage and potentially cause motor malfunction.
• Normal operating amperage is between 20A-25A and can spike to over 50A in low voltage conditions.
• Chassis ground wire connections must be made as a metal-to-metal contact between the chassis and the toothside of the star washer. Paint or other undercoating between the star washer and the frame may result in a poor ground connection.

So, check your battery voltage. Your battery runs the hydraulic motor for the slides. Your converter charges the battery back up.
2013 Ford F250 Lariat, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Diesel, 4WD

Retired and trying to travel where it's warm.
pengle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #4

Thank you both so much! That must've been the problem. We are new to this camper, our previous one was a travel trailer with only 1 slide, we were not aware that the battery needed to be fully charged as well as having it plugged in, the battery did need a charge, the guy we bought it from told us that the battery was not fully charged but we were not aware it needed to be to open the slides.
The Lippert site is a great asset as well, I was able to find manuals for the slides and the requirements I really appreciate that info as well.
Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

Many other manuals for the equipment in your RV like furnace, oven, fridge and much more can be found in the download section of this forum.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #6

Where do I find the download section? I don't think I saw that when I was going through everything last night.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Using the web site (not app, if you're on a phone or tablet), there is a green bar at the top of the page that is called Library.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Using the web site (not app, if you're on a phone or tablet), there is a green bar at the top of the page that is called Library.
Here is a screenshot of the web site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3593133140.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	42894
Old 11-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #9

Thanks! I'm getting out of the app now to go try the web page
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjo530 View Post
Thanks! I'm getting out of the app now to go try the web page
The app is great, but it's missing a few things that the web site offers. I use it almost exclusively when I'm on my phone or iPad.