Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanWal View Post
I have discussed with George Oliver, CC'S warranty manager. He has been very helpful agreeing to cover damage to RV from tread separation. However he defends Forrest River decision to u s e them.

You know it's okay for Forest River to use whatever products they want but it looks to me like they would let you choose the tires you want as a option. It looks to me like Forest River is saying they know what's best for you and that sounds like the government telling me they know what's best for me. I really like my Cedar Creek and one day I would like to have a 36CKTS but not with Chinese tires. If it comes to it down the road when I get ready to trade I'll look elsewhere. Just last year Cedar Creek was building campers with the Goodyears and now you can't even buy the new campers with a Goodyear tire option, same campers as last year. But it's what Cedar Creek wants to sell just like its my right to buy from someone else. I like my Cedar Creek 32RL with the Goodyears but I'll probably not buy another one

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #22

Keep in mind nearly all trailer tires are made in China, very few are made anywhere else.................

Westlakes are actually very good tires

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Keep in mind nearly all trailer tires are made in China, very few are made anywhere else.................

Westlakes are actually very good tires

Not the Goodyears, Goodyears are made in America. The Goodyears are LT tires and the Chinese tires are ST. Westlake tires on my first Cedar Creek were okay but if I had kept the camper then Goodyears would have replaced them and only one year after I brought the camper. You buy what you like and I like tires made in America. I try to buy America products when I can. You buy what you like, if I had to choose I had rather keep a American working than a Chinese. But that's just me.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #24

If you don't buy things from overseas you must not own much, not much made in the USA.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmi View Post
If you don't buy things from overseas you must not own much, not much made in the USA.

You got that right, not much made in America anymore. I try to buy America when I can. I'm looking two recliners to replace the LazyBoys, recliners are still made in America you just have to look for them. I have two in my house but they are to big to put in camper

Old 08-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #26

As far as to furniture most of the soft goods Chairs and Sofas are still made in America but the case goods (Wood type) are for the most part made in China and area near by.

Goodyear Marathons were made in the far east for a while but I heard they are back in America. The Goodyear G614s are made in America but many of us can not afford over $300 per tire.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 08-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #27

Quote:
As far as to furniture most of the soft goods Chairs and Sofas are still made in America but the case goods (Wood type) are for the most part made in China and area near by.

Goodyear Marathons were made in the far east for a while but I heard they are back in America. The Goodyear G614s are made in America but many of us can not afford over $300 per tire.

You are right the G614 are expensive but so is my Cedar Creek. I don't buy cheap tires for my truck, I think to much of me and DW

Old 08-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #28

I enjoy access to the various perspectives on the Westlake tires. I have purchased a set of 5 Goodyear G614s even tho I have less than 600. Miles on the Westlakes. My peace of mind and the safety factor drove the decision. I also prefer to buy AMERICAN PRODUCTS.
RanWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #29

Everyone has their own opinions on tires and anything else which is great. I feel Westlake tires are very good quality and will continue to use them...... Some people love Michelin Tires I will never own another, worst tires for the money very poor quality, but that is my opinion since I had trouble with three sets in a row (wore out quickly). What I will buy when my Westlake tires age out in a couple years is not known at this time but I would not hesitate to buy another set again.

I am not brand loyal to any tires I have bought up to 20 tires in a year. I have 38 tires on the ground on vehicles at our house as we speak. I have never in 40 years had a blow out or a flat on the road. My families safety is of the utmost importance to me too. I drag all 5 of my trailers up and down the east coast just for personal use. My wife and I put 35,000 to 50,000 a year on our vehicles so decent tires is of great importance to us.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 08-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I wounder where Lion Head comes up with these brands? I never heard of them before either. Lion head lets say is getting there Lion share of business from FR. IMO which really means nothing is that Lion Head probably supplies 90% of rims and tires to FR.
Lionshead has at least five "brands" of tires. Did y'all know that in 2014 they recalled 39,569 tires? What does that tell you?
Old 08-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Lionshead has at least five "brands" of tires. Did y'all know that in 2014 they recalled 39,569 tires? What does that tell you?
Really don't know

Not much really, What Brand (s) Out of how many tires sold???? A million??

Looks like they supply to the RV manufacturers, they are suppliers / wholesalers not manufacturers ??????

From their web site:

ABOUT US
Lionshead Specialty Tire & Wheel, LLC “Lionshead” was established in 1993 and is a contract manufacturer of trail components including tires,

wheels and specialty running gear accessories. Lionshead is a privately held and family owned business head-quartered in Goshen, Indiana.

Lionshead owns and operates 325,000 square feet of industrial space with facilities located in Goshen, Indiana, Mountain Home,

Idaho, Waxahachie, Texas, and Denton North Carolina.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Really don't know

Not much really, What Brand (s) Out of how many tires sold???? A million??

Looks like they supply to the RV manufacturers, they are suppliers / wholesalers not manufacturers ??????

From their web site:

ABOUT US
Lionshead Specialty Tire & Wheel, LLC “Lionshead” was established in 1993 and is a contract manufacturer of trail components including tires,

wheels and specialty running gear accessories. Lionshead is a privately held and family owned business head-quartered in Goshen, Indiana.

Lionshead owns and operates 325,000 square feet of industrial space with facilities located in Goshen, Indiana, Mountain Home,

Idaho, Waxahachie, Texas, and Denton North Carolina.

Well you buy what you like but on my Cedar Creek there is not any Chinese junk tires going on my camper, I spent to much money on camper. I think to much of me to run Chinese junk on my truck. I try to buy American when I can but it's evident that you don't , you just buy what's the cheapest. I care about American jobs and you care about Chinese jobs. But hey you buy what you like, but for me I think to much of the ones I love to put them or me in harms way just to save a buck. I wish Forest River and Cedar Creek felt the same way but unfortunately it's all about saving a buck

Old 08-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #33

Here, here Spock!!!
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Well you buy what you like but on my Cedar Creek there is not any Chinese junk tires going on my camper, I spent to much money on camper. I think to much of me to run Chinese junk on my truck. I try to buy American when I can but it's evident that you don't , you just buy what's the cheapest. I care about American jobs and you care about Chinese jobs. But hey you buy what you like, but for me I think to much of the ones I love to put them or me in harms way just to save a buck. I wish Forest River and Cedar Creek felt the same way but unfortunately it's all about saving a buck

Not really it is about buying the best quality that you can afford. I would buy the Goodyears but can't afford $300 plus a tire. No Chinese junk tires on my trailer either. I buy American when I can but can't always afford it. Can't afford a Cedar Creek but that's ok we have just as much fun as those of you with plenty of money. No one here is in harms way.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 08-04-2016, 05:41 PM   #35

The first camper we brought was a travel trailer, a Keystone Springdale, 256RLL. No slides, we never had a problem getting in any campground and no problems with the camper. Probably the best camper we ever owned, we had fun and we still have fun. I love camping, closest thing to backpacking

Old 08-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #36

I hear that !!!!....Our first was a 1973 Terry with P rated tires actually the 1988 Terry had P rated tires too........ camping has always been fun whether in a tent or trailer but the old bones don't care for the ground much any more........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO

Tags
tire, tires