Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #1

What are the out lets in the cabinet to the right of the TV on the 38ck

In the cabinet next to the TV is an outlet and looks like some kind of audio connection out let and an electric outlet . I know when I bought the unit Last Oct. the deal was they get the Dish network unit out and install Direct TV with a dish unit . The techs that did the work were cussing up a storm because there was only 1 elec. outlet behind the TV . I looked in the cab last Saturday and there's an outlet in there . Can't see what the other out is because of the way it's install on the side . And can't find anything about it in the owners manual

Old 04-16-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
SnP

In the cabinet on the right side of the tv in the bottom shelf is an electrical outlet, a component outlet and HDMI outlet. That area is pretty small and not large enough to put equipment in. You would have to set the equipment on the shelf over the fireplace and plug into these outlets. I rewired that area to add my own soundbar a couple of months ago. I thought about putting my dish receiver in there, but no luck. I have a BluRay player that I will setup on the fireplace shelf and plug into the power and HDMI in the cabinet when I want to use it. Not the best solution, but don't watch that many BluRay movies.

Camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-100, 2017-141
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:34 AM   #3

Thanks for answering my question , yeah I thought it was kind of a dumb spot to put them there also , how did the sound bar turn out , I p,aged with the TV for a few hours last weekend because it sounded so cheap and the TV speakers rattled really bad if you add any bass .
Old 04-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
SnP

The soundbar works great. I ran the HDMI from the dish receiver to the soundbar and then HDMI from soundbar to tv. The Samsung soundbar from Costco was a little under 2" tall and fit perfectly under the tv. It also has a wireless subwoofer. I can now hear all of the channels, even when they are talking quietly. The only problem with this setup, is I would have to listen to the tv speakers for OTA channels. Although I never do this since I have satellite.
Camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-100, 2017-141
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote