Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #1

What washer & dryer for a 36ckts

Does anyone know what washer & dryer they put in a 2015 36ckts from the factory? Any suggestions on what make and model to buy, it will be a vented type. Anyone have a stackable?
GaryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #2

I believe Cedar Creek uses Splendide - you should be able to get either a combo or separate. My advice is to get separate!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #3

I have a stacked pair of splendid in my 38fb2 they seem to work good, haven't used them much yet but when I retire in 1.5 years they will be tested.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Mark And Libby
2011 F-350 4X4 Super Crew
2015 Cedar Creek 38FB2
Brampton ON.
Rest and Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #4

Anyone want to share what the approximate cost of units and their weight? Sitting just behind the front cap on most floor plans would add directly to the pin weight.
Thanks.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We have the splendide combo vented unit and the wife likes it. We never had a combo or separate units in an RV before so we have nothing to compare. What she likes is that she can do a load of clothes each day and at the end of our trip we only have the clothes we are wearing to wash! It reduces the amount of clothes we have to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #6

We have the Splendide stacked separates. We used it all winter in Forida in our 36 CKTS. We can wash a load and dry a load at the same time. Now that we have them we won't be without them..... They were installed at the factory and they weren't anchored down. Just sitting loose on the floor. It REALLY shook the trailer. Took it back to the dealer and they anchored them to the floor. Still shakes the trailer but way less..... I think they weigh around 150lbs. Yes, they add directly to your pin weight. We have a dually with extra carrying capacity so it's not a big deal for us.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #7

I did a lot of research before I bought and installed ours. We got the Splendide stackable separate units even though they take up more space. With the separates, you can start washing a second load while the first one is drying. A complaint of the combo's is wrinkling. Supposedly, to prevent that, you have to remove the clothes, shake them out and put them back in for the dry cycle.
You can go to the Splendide WEB site and get the weight of each unit. They have a good WEB site with lots of info, manuals, how to winterize, etc.
I'm no strong man, but I was able to pick up the dryer and place it on the washer. The washer is heavier and I wouldn't even attempt to try and pick it up myself. We used ours for about 1/2 dozen camping trips and then went full time for 7 months. Both units performed flawlessly.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #8

Washer 144#
Dryer ~65#

Both working great in 33IK but had to take out all the closet rods to get dryer on top of washer. Once in place reinstalled closet rods on right side. All good, just awkward due to roof line.

2016 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
2008 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:11 AM   #9
CCRVOC

Factory installed Splendide stackable. DW has done 4 loads per week for the past 7 months. They work great.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:44 PM   #10

Is it hard to make the hole in the side of camper? I have found a GE at lowes. It's stacked and it can be wired for 120 volts. With my discount it would cost $900.00.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Is it hard to make the hole in the side of camper? I have found a GE at lowes. It's stacked and it can be wired for 120 volts. With my discount it would cost $900.00.

Some campers have a decal inside the closet where you are supposed to cut the whole. Mine was not marked. You've heard the old adage measure twice, cut once. I probably measured 20 times! I used a stud finder and the good ole' tap method to make sure I wouldn't hit a stud. Once I was pretty sure I had the spot, I drilled from inside to the outside with a long 1/8" drill bit. Then, I went outside to see where the hole was and held to vent hood up to it. Oops. This would have my vent hood running across a piece of trim and it wouldn't be flush with the exterior surface. Since I only drilled a 1/8" hole, I was able to move it 1/2" aft. Now it was time for the hole saw. I believe I used a 4 1/8" hole saw. I started inside and cut easy. You will want to stop cutting as soon as the hole saw makes it through the inner wall. Now feel around and make sure there are no wires running through there. I had a 120 Volt AC wire running through there and it would have been cut for sure if I wasn't careful. Fortunately, there was enough slack in the wire that I could move it to the side. Next, cover the exterior wall with masking tape. This will help to minimize chipping of the gel coat along the edge. Again cut nice and easy and slow with the hole saw. Done! Good luck!

Old 07-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
I believe Cedar Creek uses Splendide - you should be able to get either a combo or separate. My advice is to get separate!
X-2, The combo takes way to long and does not really clean good go separate.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #13

The combo weighs 155 lbs. I complained about the layout being in the front cap and sitting on the pin and not the trailer axles. That was lost on the factory rep at the RV show. You will likely have to remove the bedroom door to get it into the bedroom - I had to.

It is slow but works well. Gets clothes clean and dry. Shakes the trailer a bit in the spin cycle. Loads are small and an hour and a half per load is not unusual. Dryer works better if you fluff the clothes after the spin cycle.

$900 is a good price. Be sure and get the anchor plates for securing it.

My Silverback had a 'drill here' decal. Used a 4" hole saw, easy to cut and install vent kit. Install facing into the bedroom and just behind the closet for. Be sure and get a vent kit that is rodent proof. You will also need a refused clearance 90 degree adapter ( found one at Ace hardware ). I have heard of folks removing shelves and installing on a shelf and facing starboard into the closet. That requires some carpentry and puts the weight even farther outboard ( where your batteries are as well).

As said the DW is extremely pleased with this addition. We dry our bath towels and it bakes them last days longer. Clean sheets no problem and a daily small load while we sightsee or relax in the evening is a piece of cake.
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #14

Thanks everyone, I saw a unit at Lowes but it was 2 inches to deep. I'll look around and see where I can find a good price. I have to take the camper back to the factory in October for cap replacement, do think I might could buy one from Cedar Creek? DW doesn't want me to install it but I figure I can save a couple hundred dollars to do it myself. I plan to put a satellite dish on camper next month, DS is supposed to help me install that.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #15
wls

don't always believe the Drill Here is correct. I did mine where it said to drill, went right thru a stud. I'm keeping the drilled out piece forever, will show the dealer when I stop by.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:10 PM   #16

Mine has no drill here, you have to measure and then drill. And as someone said measure again. If you could find one that worked for a apartment would you get it or the Splendide

Old 07-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #17

Does anyone know a good place to order a washer/dryer from? I found a what I think is a good price at RV parts country $1353.00 shipping included. If possible I want to order by the first of August. I have to take out the drawers and shelves. That's a job in itself

Old 07-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #18

Camping world often has the Splendide units on sale. I think we paid about $1200 for our stackable set at camping world. We had to wait for the sale, of course. The quality of the Splendide units is amazing. Also, they are made for the rigors of boats and RV's. Apartment units are not made to be bouncing down the road or across waves.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #19

Camping World has them on sale now but by the time you add shipping and tax it not a good price

Old 07-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Camping World has them on sale now but by the time you add shipping and tax it not a good price

I did some searching and that seems to be the best price anywhere right now. I may have paid more than I remember, but a happy wife is a happy life! LOL! Also, I used to live about 40 minutes from a Camping World and I didn't have to worry about shipping.