Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Even funnier is that I lived in KC and never saw one at the RV and Boat show there either.
Wow, that is strange. The company is right by I-70 and can't be more that 40 miles from KC. You would think it would be a no-brainer to have a display at the KC RV show.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #22

I know all the posts mentioned a 30' range in size. I also noticed that the conversation mentioned a spacecraft custom fifth wheel, that cost somewhere south of $250.000. If someone is talking about a 30' fifth wheel, they probably have never heard of a spacecraft a fork or even a Teton homes! If someone is looking for a 30' fifth wheel they are in the right spot.
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #23
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray B View Post
I know all the posts mentioned a 30' range in size. I also noticed that the conversation mentioned a spacecraft custom fifth wheel, that cost somewhere south of $250.000. If someone is talking about a 30' fifth wheel, they probably have never heard of a spacecraft a fork or even a Teton homes! If someone is looking for a 30' fifth wheel they are in the right spot.
The person looking is me. Read my thread "Downsizing Dilemma" to see the specifics and subsequent discussion. You are wrong about not having heard of the brands you mentioned. Additionally, you should know that I already said I would be talking to the Spacecraft folks in Jan. The contender unit is under $100k, heck their 34'er is under 100k. Next, Teton has been out of business for years. And to wrap up, Fork is Forks and they sell their baby Axiom in Austraila. rattle-n-smoke and I were up that way in August. Did some factory tours. I'm sure they will sell me one factory direct but it does not meet the criteria. I'm surprised you left off New Horizons in Kansas. I'm sure they can make their baby unit fit for not much over $100k. Just so you know, Northwood may have a contender. You can read about that one in the other thread. So in summary, I'm still looking and open to any suggestion for a unit (new) that meets the criteria specified. Who knows, by the time I find one, Forest River may be building it.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #24

Didn't know Teton homes was out of business, they were really nice. With the problems I've had with this newest camper, this one will be my last.
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #25

I am going to keep the 30RL but since I like the windows in the 36RE I will just make the 30RL into a smaller 36RE. I called the factory and they were nice about me ordering the cabinets, the rear enterainment center was made in different sizes so I would have to measure the cabinets and order the one I wanted, well the dealer would. I think now I will just have a local cabinet maker just make me one, take some pictures or let him look at one. At the same time he makes the enterainment center, I also like the island in the 33RL Silverback. I could put a trash can in there and drawers on each side, I will have to look at a 33RL. When I move I can roll it to where the TV and fireplace is now and strap it down, not soon but next year
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote