Old 04-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
What's going on?

I am the owner of a Cedar Creek 36CKTS (2014)… I am about to the point of trading. All of this has happened in the last two months. 1) the Dometiç side by side refrigerator quit cooling. It went to shop and had lower control panel and thermostat replaced. Worked fine for about a month before temps started rising again. Checked it a few minutes ago fridge is 47 and freezer 30. 2) I store this thing in my yard plugged into a 30 amp service. All the jacks are down (Lippert level up with 6 jacks) and I noticed the front jacks had settled some after heavy rain last week. I hit the auto level button and expecting it to do what it has done on numerous occasions and just adjust the front jacks, it dropped the front and extended the rear overextending the LR Jack which shut down the computer. I backed truck under the front and using a drill , manually retracted the slides and all the jacks. I noticed the reservoir was low and I added some fluid. I couldn't get the panel back on line even after removing power and following instructions from Lippert manual. Soooo, 3) last night I went out there last night and it was 81 in the camper. The AC was running but not cooling. It was 86 outside at the time. I checked the intake and discharge temps were only 11 degrees difference which have been as much as 25 degree difference in the past. I have an appointment next week to get this looked at. Is it just me or does this happen with all Creeks? We owned a Cherokee TT for 13 years and didn't have any where near the issues I am having with this unit. Now I am not unreasonable in thinking things can and will break now and then given all the electronics in this thing. I'm now very glad I got an extended warranty because I'm sure it will come in handy in the next week or two. One would think that as much as these cost the problems would be non-existent or at the very least far and few between. I'm sorry for the length of this rant but I'm wondering if this misery has company?

dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
In my opinion both of those issues could happen on a $50K RV or a $100K RV. I don't see it as a FR issue as much as a product issue. That being said, still sucks you are having these issues. Hope they get resolved soon. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax 2WD CC/SB
2013 Cardinal 3030RS full body paint
B&W Companion slider, air bags, EFI Live Custom tuning by So Cal Diesel
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
Jerry01, I'm not crashing on Forest River necessarily, but this is happening in one of their units. I've had a Forest River RV since 2000 and have had good service with their product. I'm just at wit's end with this.
dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #4
We have had four Forest River products and three have been great, the Wildcat was actually a Polecat in disguise. We have had two Cedar Creek's and the only real problem we had with them is front cap fade

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote