Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #1

Who are the other two?

I was watching a CC video and they mentioned there are only 3 companies who manufacturer like CC does.

I was curious who the other 2 are?

Watch "Cedar Creek Construction" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/QMLg3ByZ70M
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:52 AM   #2
wls

Maybe drv is one. The old carriage was also I believe
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #3

Amazing video..Thanks. Fantastic that they can build one of these in three days!
Rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbertalotto View Post
Amazing video..Thanks. Fantastic that they can build one of these in three days!
Maybe if they took 4 days to build one and slowed down they wouldn't have so many problems..... I'm just saying

It was an interesting video though.
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #5

I think the three are:
Cedar Creek
DRV
Augusta RV

Carriage used the same hung wall construction also.
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB B&W Continuum Hitch
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #6

If it only takes 3 days to build one, how come we have to wait 3 to 4 months when we order a new trailer? Just asking.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzoo View Post
Maybe if they took 4 days to build one and slowed down they wouldn't have so many problems..... I'm just saying

X2
azwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzoo View Post

It would also cost more.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #9

? How much more?! Aggravation and time/travel for repair has a value. I'd rather know up front, make an INFORMED decision!
Already been back to Goshen from Atlanta and HAVE TO GO BACK AGAIN! Getting stressed over this unit!!
Had lots of major issues including a defective main cabin Dometic a/c unit. Cost me 7 days travel; 2 nights in a hotel; 4 nights camping and 1400 fuel miles plus wear on truck and tires.
Got home and went to winterize and wash roof so black streaks would be minimized. They ripped my roof at a/c
replacement and parched it with freak'n Eternabond! Try and EXPLAIN IT's OK TO A DEALER OR A RETAIL BUYER!
They agreed to a new roof next Spring/Summer but we have to do the same trip! I do not like Amish or their food THAT MUCH!! And SUPER 8, left my style of housing 45 years ago. ( last trip ALL B&B's were sold out) unknowingly a special event was going on! Not NEXT TIME!
I may just sign up for the FROG Rally in August and do it then.
The GOOD NEWS; we like the overall floorplan of the Silverback 33rl, except the 2016 missing enhancements. BUT, but, but, not going to lose $12,000 to upgrade.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyRetirees View Post
If it only takes 3 days to build one, how come we have to wait 3 to 4 months when we order a new trailer? Just asking.
I ordered mine on August 1st, 2015. My floor plan wasn't run through production until September 21, 2015 though, but I knew that up front. On September 30th, it was in my driveway. Once it went into production things moved along quickly. The waiting sucks but I got what I wanted and avoided the things I didn't want.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #11
Jeffco, MO

Cedar Creek factory

While it takes three days to build, most of that is assembly since all the cabinets and slide outs are being made at the same time the walls are being built, so there is a lot of concurrent construction.
When we took the factory tour at the Augusts rally, they said they are building only eleven units a day, five days a week. In a production operation, one uses management to have a lot of tasks working together very efficiently.
As you can tell, I am very impressed with their operation and very happy with my Silverback. BTW they are building Cedar Creek and Silverbacks on the same production line and some other mobile buildings.
IMHO, go to the factory as see how they are made and then go to another company's factory and watch and talk to the personnel Then be comfortable with your choice.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #12

Some have more patience than I have. We shopped the Internet, drove to a dealer that had what we wanted and went home with it next week. Oh, and 2 years later, it's never been anywhere for any kind of service.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
I was watching a CC video and they mentioned there are only 3 companies who manufacturer like CC does.

I was curious who the other 2 are?

Watch "Cedar Creek Construction" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/QMLg3ByZ70M
It wasn't really obvious to me what was the "way" CC manufactures their products. All I heard was, only 3 do it like we do. But they didn't say what that was. What do they do "differently?"

Frankly, it didn't look much different than videos I've seen of other manufacturers assembly lines.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
It wasn't really obvious to me what was the "way" CC manufactures their products. All I heard was, only 3 do it like we do. But they didn't say what that was. What do they do "differently?"

Frankly, it didn't look much different than videos I've seen of other manufacturers assembly lines.
I think what they are talking about is building with a hung wall not laminated like most others.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #15

My 36RLTS was built in 2001. Have not had any real problems Maybe better then.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #16

I would also add the new River Stone by Forest River I believe also went with the hung wall.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
? How much more?! Aggravation and time/travel for repair has a value. I'd rather know up front, make an INFORMED decision!
Already been back to Goshen from Atlanta and HAVE TO GO BACK AGAIN! Getting stressed over this unit!!
Had lots of major issues including a defective main cabin Dometic a/c unit. Cost me 7 days travel; 2 nights in a hotel; 4 nights camping and 1400 fuel miles plus wear on truck and tires.
Got home and went to winterize and wash roof so black streaks would be minimized. They ripped my roof at a/c
replacement and parched it with freak'n Eternabond! Try and EXPLAIN IT's OK TO A DEALER OR A RETAIL BUYER!
They agreed to a new roof next Spring/Summer but we have to do the same trip! I do not like Amish or their food THAT MUCH!! And SUPER 8, left my style of housing 45 years ago. ( last trip ALL B&B's were sold out) unknowingly a special event was going on! Not NEXT TIME!
I may just sign up for the FROG Rally in August and do it then.
The GOOD NEWS; we like the overall floorplan of the Silverback 33rl, except the 2016 missing enhancements. BUT, but, but, not going to lose $12,000 to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #18

Oops,
Forgot reply with quote
Anyway that doesn't give me warm/fuzzys when I have to have my front cap replaced in August?? Found couple staples coming up on back corner on rounded edges when covering it for winter. Guess they'll have to look at that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #19
Censored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyRetirees View Post
Why does it take that long from the time you order until the dealer has the fifth wheel ready for you? Because you are not the only person in the U.S. that has ordered a unit.

After your order is sent to the factory from the dealer it is put in the que for that model. Most RV manufacturers will hold orders until they have “X” number of orders for that floorplan before they start building them on the line in the factory. They don’t build one RL model followed by one RK model followed by one CK model, etc. That’s a recipe for major mistakes during the build. If you have picked a floorplan that isn’t very popular the wait might be even longer until the factory begins the build.

Once the unit is completed it is then taken to a storage area where it will wait in the que again for the transport company to deliver it to the dealer. Fifth wheels and most trailers are delivered to dealers one unit at a time. Your trailer might be sitting in the que for weeks before it is delivered to your dealer. Let’s say you ordered your RV that is built in Elkhart County from a dealership in Amarillo, TX. It will tie up one delivery driver for 4 days, two days delivering the unit and then a two day drive back to Elkhart. That’s why units wait weeks for delivery. BTW, if you think delivery drivers are keeping their speed on the Interstates down to 65 MPH or less, then you are a silly goose.

Once the unit arrives at the dealership it might be another week before the dealer inspects and preps the unit. This is a step that many dealers skip but shouldn’t. After a trailer has been driven 1000 plus miles things can loosen up and in some cases fall off. I’ve seen many complaints on RV forums about manufacturers not having quality control and final inspections. In the real world a perfect unit leaving the factory could easily have issues after being subjected to the real world road conditions. The most important thing a dealer should do for you is an inspection. This is true regardless of whether you buy a high end Airstream or DVR Suites or an entry level Wildwood.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:53 AM   #20
wls

I ordered mine oct 16 I believe, thats what they said, it would be going on line maybe the 3rd week in Nov, when the next time that floorplan was going in production. Went online on a monday, I went and saw it thurs, probably 90% done at that visit. So it was at least 5 days for mine to get built.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote