Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1

Yellowstone

We just got back from Yellowstone, had a great time, the three weeks went by to fast. Now camper has to go back to Tom's. The bedroom slide will not go out by itself, has to have some help. For some reason I can not get cable, I can get my Tailgatter to work but no cable. The black water valve will not shut off, poop comes out when you take off cap,, not good. Weak spot in bedroom, only the bedroom slide has me worried. DW and I like the CC, I plan to try to get Tom to do some custom work on camper, DW saw a CC 36CKTS and fell in love,anyway I will see if I can get some custom work done on camper if I can I will keep camper. I plan on going back to Yellowstone next year, I like to fish. I also like to stay at Canyon and Madison campground, if your camper hooked up to your truck is 50ft or less you can camp there
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #2

FWIW..you may want to invest $25 for a "twist-on valve" (Twist-on Valve - Valterra T58 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World) until you get the black tank gate valve repaired. I also replaced the standard cap with one that has a hose connection (Termination Cap with Hose Connector - Valterra T1020-1 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World). Take off the small cap first so that you don't get a big surprise if the valve is stuck open.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Your black tank valve may not be leaking. You can get residual pipe debris flow when you bounce down the road. I installed a final valve in place of the bayonet fitting for the cap. You need a 3" slip, 3" bayonet and the 3" valterra blade valve. Voila, no more stinky cap drip.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Your black tank valve may not be leaking. You can get residual pipe debris flow when you bounce down the road. I installed a final valve in place of the bayonet fitting for the cap. You need a 3" slip, 3" bayonet and the 3" valterra blade valve. Voila, no more stinky cap drip.
Hadn't thought about that, Duck. Every time I pull my cap at the next campsite, I get a bit of stuff dripping out. I have a clear 45 degree adapter with a garden hose flush fitting that I hook up so I can see what is draining. Maybe I should hook up a garden hose to the flush fitting after my valves are closed to clean out the pipes.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #5

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Yellowstone despite the issue with your CC. DW and I are headed to Yellowstone in August.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We just got back from Yellowstone, had a great time, the three weeks went by to fast. Now camper has to go back to Tom's. The bedroom slide will not go out by itself, has to have some help. For some reason I can not get cable, I can get my Tailgatter to work but no cable. The black water valve will not shut off, poop comes out when you take off cap,, not good. Weak spot in bedroom, only the bedroom slide has me worried. DW and I like the CC, I plan to try to get Tom to do some custom work on camper, DW saw a CC 36CKTS and fell in love,anyway I will see if I can get some custom work done on camper if I can I will keep camper. I plan on going back to Yellowstone next year, I like to fish. I also like to stay at Canyon and Madison campground, if your camper hooked up to your truck is 50ft or less you can camp there
Make sure the TV amp is turned off, otherwise no cable reception. In mine ('13 36CKTS), it is located in the RH bottom entertainment center cabinet, FWD of the fire place. The Valtera twist on valve is the simplest & easiest solution to the "dribbles" problem. Travel safe & enjoy the journey!