Old 06-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #11

Cracked Fenders

Have a 2013 Encounter. Had same problem with driver side fender cracking. FR stepped up to plate and replaced fender and brackets (both sides). Suggest that anyone with an Encounter and fenders have not yet cracked get brackets replaced. Coachman knows about the defect and should cover the replacement still under warranty or not.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #12

Cracked Fenders

We had the same problem on our 2013 36KS. Noticed it when we got back from our first long trip in winter 2013. There was a single screw holding the left front fender in place - the fiberglass broke out where the screw hole was. I repaired myself by reinforcing the area with a custom fabricated stainless steel support and a Bondo fiberglass repair kit. Now I have 2 support points for the fender and the lower edge of the fender is reinforced. Very solid.
Larry...

2013 Coachmen Encounter 36KS, 2012 Honda CR-V toad, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Brake Buddy Vantage Select, Protect-a-Tow, 5 Star Tune, M4 LED lights, BIRD, ATS, Xantrex PROwatt 1000 SW Inverter and many other accessories & mods.
LLVanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #13

We got back yesterday from Piney Flats, TN. where we picked up our Encounter with a new fender installed. Brooks Collision Center did the work and it looks great. The paint job is a perfect match. We brought it in Monday morning and Mike Brooks called Wednesday and said it was ready to be picked up. Can't ask for much better than that.
Thanks to Nate Hedges at Coachmen and Karen at Tri-Am RV Center for their help in getting this done.
If you're ever in Tennessee on I-81 about 50 miles south of Bristol you should stop in to Tri-Am. They have a very well stocked parts department and friendly folks. They're in Bulls Gap, TN just off I-81.
DSurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #14

Who do you call about this
Old 08-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #15

We have a 2015 Encounter 36BH, bought last January but built in April of 2014. With only 5500 miles, both front fenders have broken identically to the photos shown above. I have sent pictures to dealer and I'm waiting to hear what happens next. New fenders with better brackets I hope.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #16

Cracked Fender Encounter

Well it happened again. Passenger side front fender cracked again after being replaced and new and supposedly better brackets installed. Going back to dealership for another new fender and hopefully a better fix for this defect. Encounter owners keep an eye on those fenders.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #17

2015 Encounter 37LS. Fender on drivers is cracking. Others haven't started...yet. Sent an email to Coachmen. We'll see what they say. I want to get this fixed and something done so the others don't crack at all. Based on others experience with this I have a feeling that both fenders have to be replaced.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #18

Fenders did same

Same thing same place on 2013. Started with right side, duct tape held up till we got back from Canada. On the way back left side did same, again duct tape held to the dealer. Took six weeks for the dealer to fix. Right side cracked again. Took to the manufacture in Indiana. The said bracing was wrong and really braced it up. No problems since then
Old 09-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam wiles View Post
Same thing same place on 2013. Started with right side, duct tape held up till we got back from Canada. On the way back left side did same, again duct tape held to the dealer. Took six weeks for the dealer to fix. Right side cracked again. Took to the manufacture in Indiana. The said bracing was wrong and really braced it up. No problems since then
Wonderful. Another trip back to the factory.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #20

Had a support bracket on our travel trailer go through the plastic fender covering the wheels. Dealear replaced fender and bracket last year. So far this year have not seen any cracking. If under warranty or slightly out of warranty contact selling dealer and notify forest river. I contact both using email that includes vin from trailer, photos of problems and selling dealer. Just cheap plastic they use. If its broke they will fix it. Just need to contact them with good photos.

Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote