Old 09-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #21

We're taking it back to the factory at the end of October. Leave it there for a week or two and bring it back. Hopefully no early snow storms on the Ohio Turnpike. Then winterize and wait for next spring.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzworld View Post
We're taking it back to the factory at the end of October. Leave it there for a week or two and bring it back. Hopefully no early snow storms on the Ohio Turnpike. Then winterize and wait for next spring.
I wonder if the fender brackets were mounted in rubber grommets on one end would act like motor mounts and reduce vibration cracking of the fenders?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #23

Our dealer repaired rather than replacing the fenders. They are now substantially sturdier than they were originally. We will see how this holds up. Holiday World of Houston in Willis Tx did the work and the fenders look wonderful. Paint match was very good.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #24

After 5 weeks at the factory shop we got our Encounter back. Along with the many issues fixed was the front fenders. They replaced both of them and added new brackets and framing. They were supposed to line them with spray foam to minimize vibration which leads to the cracking but that part of the repair wasn't done. I didn't realize that until we got home, my bad. I have had a lot done by them and took their word that it was done. Bob and his crew do outstanding work there. I don't know what happened but I'll find out on Monday. It sure isn't going back for spray foam, I may have to figure this one out myself.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:35 AM   #25

Amazing how a week turns into 5 weeks. This seems to be a problem throughout the RV service world
Old 12-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #26

There was a lot of things to look at besides the fenders. The hitch recall, furnace issue, fog light problem, trim repairs, hot water line check, drawer repair and it needed a new black tank cleanout installed.