Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #1

2004 Coachmen Freedom

I made the huge mistake of purchasing this mess from General RV in may.
They lied about the condition of the vehicle post PDI. In less than three months I have had to replace the front brakes, the starter and have the flooring in the cab-over refastened to the wall because they told me it was ok to travel with weight in the cab-over. I used it for storage.

The unit also has major dry rot and delamination issues that they claimed were "normal" when I questioned them pre-sale.

An email to Forest River Coachman division has gone unanswered. General RV declared it an AS-IS vehicle. I have declared it as Fraud. Over 3,000 in repairs parts and pieces so far. And I haven't fixed everything yet.

My attorney tells me I have a case but it would cost a fortune to Litigate.
So, I am letting as many people as I can know what happened.
ScrewedbyGeneralRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewedbyGeneralRV View Post
I made the huge mistake of purchasing this mess from General RV in may.
They lied about the condition of the vehicle post PDI. In less than three months I have had to replace the front brakes, the starter and have the flooring in the cab-over refastened to the wall because they told me it was ok to travel with weight in the cab-over. I used it for storage.

The unit also has major dry rot and delamination issues that they claimed were "normal" when I questioned them pre-sale.

An email to Forest River Coachman division has gone unanswered. General RV declared it an AS-IS vehicle. I have declared it as Fraud. Over 3,000 in repairs parts and pieces so far. And I haven't fixed everything yet.

My attorney tells me I have a case but it would cost a fortune to Litigate.
So, I am letting as many people as I can know what happened.
Sorry for you woes however the industry accepts 10 year old RV's are about wore out. Many campgrounds will not accept that age vehicle for aesthetic reasons. Of course if lots of labor and parts were put in it to keep it up over the years it would not be so bad. Take heart however, many people spend that much money in a boat or RV every year just keeping up with the nature of the beast. They move fast, suffer weather actions and wear and tear. Its a great activity but it ain't cheap either.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #3

Sorry to hear but if you purchased as-is you got what you got unless you have everything they said in writing. As for your atorney, they will litigate anything as long as you pay. Ask him if he will take for contigency. He gets nothing if he looses the case. I bet you will get a much different answer.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #4

Post this in the dealer review section, if you haven't already, to warn as many people as possible
tmhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #5

I don't believe Forest River was making the Coachmen back in 2004.
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #6

It wasn't as far asi know 👆

Life is a highway!!!!!
jimdd810 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen