Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
2009 Sports Coach Legend

2009 Sportscoach Legend

I bought a 2009 Legend 40 footer with 5,400 miles and would like to know if there are other owners out there. I purchased a used one with no documentation and have had a rough time collecting info. My wife and I love it and would like to communicate with other owners to compare notes.
gnlsjb Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #2

Sportcoach legend

I purchased my 2008 40 footer a couple years ago, I did get books on most things and the others I downloaded from the net, our dealer went out of business a couple months after I bought it so no help there, I have learned quite a bit by trial and error like winterizing it as I live in Minnesota. If you need some info get back to me and I'll see if I can help
Ruffin it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #3
2009 Sports Coach Legend

Sportcoach Legend

Ruffin it,

I've owned ours for a year and you are the first one that has the same model.
Never have seen one in California.
Send an email to gnlsjb@hotmail.com if you would like to converse since I have many questions I would like to ask you about.
Have you had trouble with your kitchen drain leaking or any other problems?
I found lots of info on line but not all and your experiences are also welcome.

Thanks for the reply,
Steve and Dale Bernard
Good Sam Lifer
Coachmen Member
Old 08-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #4

Steve,

I did send you an e-mail, we just got back from the UP of Michigan (Upper Peninsula) coach ran good and everything worked, just found out that I have a heat pump in the Air Conditioning unit on this last trip, seems like I'm always learning.

Bill Hutchinson
2008 Sportcoach Legend 40QIK
2005 Honda Element
Good Sam Member
Ruffin it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
2009 Sports Coach Legend

I called Coachmen and talked to Jason at Coachmen customer relations:
*Coachmen intellectual properties were not a part of the purchase when they were purchased by BH.
Jason and I came up with a wild guess on these production figures for the Legend:

2009: 4-10 legend 500tg were produced (new model for the year and only one year.)
16 legend 40' with Coachmen ID and a few with Forrest River ID.

2008 24 legend 40'

2007 36 legend 40'

Due to the economic downturn, at the end of 2007, a lot of RV manufacturers started to have fewer sales thus financial problems and cut production each exceeding year.
By 2009 Coachmen, Fleetwood, Monaco, Holiday Rambler, National RV, etc. were sold off or went out of business.
You will note that NADA does not recognize 2009 40’ Legends due to minute production numbers.

*BH was not willing to pay Coachmen for the computer systems or intellectual properties at a cost of $3 million so they have been lost forever.
Good Sam Lifer
Coachmen Member
Old 01-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #6

Hey Steve sounds like we have a lot in common. Me and my DW bought a 2009 40' Sportcoach Legend QIK (island kitchen model) late 2013. We retired in May 2015 and also traveled Michigan, to Silver Lake near Hart. We also discovered we had heat pumps in our AC units after one of the squirrel cage in our furnace broke. When the guy came to repair it he informed of the heat pump setting on our thermostat. Like you said, we are also learning new things as we travel.
As you mentioned no manual, the manual that came with our coach was very simple and did not provide much help. The manual that I have you can get online by googling Sportcoach elite manual = 1st on list-Owner's Manual - Coachman RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers...then enter year, Sportscoach Elite & Legend Motor Homes and bingo there it is. Saved it on my tablet as a pdf and can pull it up when needed.
We are work camping in the Ocala National Forrest for the winter then off to Dollywood to work camp in May & June. Maybe we will cross paths some time. loveall

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Loveall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
2009 Sports Coach Legend

Sportcoach Legend documentation

Hi Loveall,

I appreciate your info and have found most all info on many websites.
Another fellow owner was to get back to me on brand and model numbers for the space heater and water heater but has not had a chance, as of yet, so if you have these, I would appreciate it.

If you need any other info, I will most likely have it. It took me a year to gather all on the myriad of websites.

Thanks again and all of the Sportscoach Legend Owners, hopefully, will keep in touch,
Good Sam Lifer
Coachmen Member
Old 01-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #8

Who was/is BH in reference to how didn't purchase the computer records? Just learning the history.
KAttkisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #9
2009 Sports Coach Legend

Hi,

Berkshire Hathaway bought Coachmen, who manufactured Sportscoach products. As you may know, Warren Buffett (multi billionaire and philanthropist) owns BH and thought the price for the intellectual property
was too high and it has been lost, for us, possibly forever. It's a financial decision that may leave customers, like us, with no real access to information we may require.

What are you driving?
Hope this helps,
Good Sam Lifer
Coachmen Member

Tags
sport