Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #1

Smile 2013 Coachmen RV Sportscoach Pathfinder Elite 404RB

We are looking at possibly purchasing a used Pathfinder Elite coach. Would love to hear any PROs/CONs that anyone is willing to share. They would be appreciated.

We have never owned a Coachmen (now a division of Forest River) product. It's a very nice unit with less than 900 miles on it & 50 hrs on the generator. The previous owner only kept it for 9 months. The only reason he traded it in was because he wanted something BIGGER! This unit is at the right price & one we don't want to walk away from. So I'm asking for any feedback!

Thanks in advance!
DorisStanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:17 AM   #2

I'd say go for it! We purchased a "gently used" SportsCoach Cross Country 404 RB with only 5,000 miles, last month in Florida. We traded our Cedar Creek 5th wheel and truck.....and are amazed at the positive difference in the living experience. We looked at a lot of units and found this coach to have the best floor plan and conveniences for the money. The unit you describe sounds like a peach!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #3

I don't consider myself a negative person. Consider this the perspective of point, counter point.....

Most people are giddy with excitement when they buy a coach and anticipate all the things they will do and see as they tour this great land in it. That gleeful attitude can last for a couple of years, or if you are lucky a lifetime.

For it to show up in the market after only 9 months would arouse my suspicion.

A few years ago, I asked about a new Charleston that had just come in. The salesman said to me. "Yeah, it is barely used. Don't you wonder what's wrong with that rig that caused him to trade it so soon?"

Just be careful. "He wanted something Bigger" is a suspect reason I think to take a huge hit to the pocketbook in deprecation. Didn't he look it over inside and out before plunking his money down?

It may be your dream coach or not, It may be exactly as presented but check and verify; check and verify.

Gary
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, coachmen, sport