Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #91

Well that makes sense. It's like a cheer then, Go number 6 car!

Don't mean to offend when I call you Go-six; I have a habit of shortening names.

Like "One-in".

Roll (picked this name originally as Rollbar back in 1989 when I was installing a rollbar in a new Miata I had just acquired and had so little imagination that I just couldn't come up with anything else. Later shortened it by dropping the "bar" when I was playing online war games with a group of friends. Single syllable names were favored in communications during matches (battles). This happened well before the word "Roll" because a famous phrase (Lets roll) after the crash of the airliner in PA on 9-11-01.

2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Well that makes sense. It's like a cheer then, Go number 6 car!

Don't mean to offend when I call you Go-six; I have a habit of shortening names.

Like "One-in".

Roll (picked this name originally as Rollbar back in 1989 when I was installing a rollbar in a new Miata I had just acquired and had so little imagination that I just couldn't come up with anything else. Later shortened it by dropping the "bar" when I was playing online war games with a group of friends. Single syllable names were favored in communications during matches (battles). This happened well before the word "Roll" because a famous phrase (Lets roll) after the crash of the airliner in PA on 9-11-01.
OK, my turn! 1nshort or one n short has to do with my first name, everybody sees Denis and thinks it should have an e on the end for Denise. You would be surprised how much Denise mail I get. I spell Denis with one n (it is the anglo-saxon/french spelling) any ways, last name Short and first name Denis with one n, 1nshort. Simple play on words.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #93

I don't know why Denis but I want to pronounce your name with a long "e".

Must be the missing "n".

Clearly you used the number 1 but for the life of me I read it as "one inch short", which I admit I thought was an odd name.

Roll(bar)
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #94

So, everyone thinks Denis is actually Denise, I'm actually a guy, and Roll is I guess just a rollbar! Love it!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #95

Lightbulb inch

Roll, that's a good one! I'm actually 6'2". Got my first shipment of LEDs. Installed the reading lamp LED replacements, man are they bright. There will be no no eye strain reading with these LEDs! Hard to install, smaller, used a shrinkfit tube to install #2 thru 5. Made it much easier to install. I will post b4 and after photos soon. Also have the in ceiling replacements and the shower lamp replacement. Picture of shower one soon also.
My next order from M4 will be the wedge socket replacements (10 of 'em). Going to SAMS Club to pick up the remote control LEDs for the wardrobe (if they are still in stock).
Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #96

Lightbulb

I have posted pictures of Reading Lite install and shower lite install. One picture, reading lite on, required no flash. You can see how bright it is. The replacement unit is smaller than the bulb you take out which makes it harder to install. I found that a large shrink wrap sleeve made install far easier.

Forest River Forums - Halogen 2 LED retrofit
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nshort View Post
I have posted pictures of Reading Lite install and shower lite install. One picture, reading lite on, required no flash. You can see how bright it is. The replacement unit is smaller than the bulb you take out which makes it harder to install. I found that a large shrink wrap sleeve made install far easier.

Forest River Forums - Halogen 2 LED retrofit
Nice report for the rest of us. You are happy with your selections I gather (10W vs 20W)?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #98

Roll,
I put (WW) warm white 10watt in the living area, but in the dining and kitchen area I put 20 watt bright white (CW). I like to see what I am prepping/cooking. Most likely I will install a dimmer (the M4 units can be dimmed). I have identified a dimmer that should work. I will order it and give a report with pictures. Put Bright white (CW) 10 watt in the map lights they are very sufficient and fit in those smaller receptacles, I believe the micro's would not give off sufficient light. The reading lamp replacement LEDs are excellent. Next I am ordering the wedge based replacements for the Bathroom lights, dining table light, and the desk light. I will report on those with pictures. I have mixed emotions on the dining table wedge units, I think I will go with the lower wattage WW lights for a softer look (dining ambiance), I am getting the brighter ones for the bathroom but might try them in the dining area first. I think I have a solution for the florescent tubes, a little more research needs to be done on that solution though. I used an ammeter for current draw pre and post led replacement and there was a significant reduction in amps pulled from the battery. Not quite down to 1/10th the power (just a tad over). By the way, rule of thumb for LED vs Halogen is 75% reduction, give or take. More to follow........
Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #99

All,
Sent for the last set of LED replacement lights, the wedge based lights in the bathroom and table light. Bought the bright white for the bathroom and warm white for the dining table light. Price for totall conversion (except basement lights) was easier to swallow by splitting it into three (it's a psychological thing, still costs the same). Bought the plate style for the desk light. Pictures to follow after a bit. Bought two dimmers to test range of dimming/quality. SinceLEDs are diodes that glow, when coduction voltage is reached they glow, hence they do not totally dimm before reacing the point they turn off. I will post a video of the dimming range when I get it installed. Sending for strip LEDs as a test for flourescent tube replacement.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #100

Still haven't ordered my LED lights but will do so soon.

Roll