Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
Mortdd - So sorry to hear you're having so many issues!

Tanker64 - For a splitter (as odd as it sounds), ours was located in the long cabinet above the driver/passenger seats over the windsheild. There was an area in the middle that looked like raised molding, but was actually an access door, and we found ours in there.

(I am not having any type of howling noise, so sorry I can't be of more help there. Are you sure it's not coming from the mirrors? I remember reading a while ago about someone that had something similar on another forum and it turned out to be the wind coming through the top part of his mirror, which was loose. Just a thought.).
@go6car --- thanks - I will look up there - and no, I would not have looked there in a million years ... the mirror idea is interesting, it could be, I will have to run alongside the coach one day and try to hear it. But, I will see if I can tell if it is coming from there and check to make sure it is tight - your talking about the mount to the coach I am assuming - not the mirror itself.
Tanker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker64 View Post
@go6car --- thanks - I will look up there - and no, I would not have looked there in a million years ... the mirror idea is interesting, it could be, I will have to run alongside the coach one day and try to hear it. But, I will see if I can tell if it is coming from there and check to make sure it is tight - your talking about the mount to the coach I am assuming - not the mirror itself.
We found the splitter by accident, so hopefully if you can't find yours, it's hiding up there too!

As far as the mirror issue -- If I recall correctly, it was the attachment that enables the mirror to "tilt" within its housing that was loose. I have no idea how you'd get in there to even check that, but maybe if you get a ladder and manually see if there's a lot of play with the adjustable mirror itself , it might give you an idea if that is the culprit. If nothing else, could rule it out.

I can't think of anything else that would make a howling noise. We had a window rattle on the driver side (that was fixed by the dealer), but certainly not a howling. I'm assuming you have the same front end that I do in a 2013 model. The 2014s appear to have an even different vented front end than what I have. I hope you can figure out what's causing that! What a pain to have to listen to that down the road!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
We found the splitter by accident, so hopefully if you can't find yours, it's hiding up there too!

As far as the mirror issue -- If I recall correctly, it was the attachment that enables the mirror to "tilt" within its housing that was loose. I have no idea how you'd get in there to even check that, but maybe if you get a ladder and manually see if there's a lot of play with the adjustable mirror itself , it might give you an idea if that is the culprit. If nothing else, could rule it out.

I can't think of anything else that would make a howling noise. We had a window rattle on the driver side (that was fixed by the dealer), but certainly not a howling. I'm assuming you have the same front end that I do in a 2013 model. The 2014s appear to have an even different vented front end than what I have. I hope you can figure out what's causing that! What a pain to have to listen to that down the road!
Found a bunch of wires - but no coax cable - dealer said they have no idea - sent a msg to Forest River ...seems like every month we find another reason to not like our coach
Tanker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #124

What was the fix for the wrong hinges? Mine keep popping off everytime we open one of the doors.
dmontroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #125

Cabinet door hinge issues

I am not sure what they ended up doing but it seems to have fixed the problem. Coachmen is aware of the hinge issues with the solid wood doors but have not addressed them as far as I know.
RVI Braking system
Demco tow hitch package
mortdd is offline   Reply With Quote