Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #1

Unhappy 2013 Mirada 35DL

I have just purchased a new 2013 Mirada 35DL. The dealer was 150 miles from my home. I had a scheduled pickup time that the dealer picked. I arrived early, and he said it was not ready. When the unit was finally ready to pickup, there was nobody that could give me the delivery inspection and show me how things work. I am slowly learning things about how the unit is supposed to work. Just wondering, could anybody give me some advice on how the best way to do the tank draining? I think I have the waste water tank draining figured out, but there are two sets of drain lines that are red and blue, one set in the mid area of the coach, and one set at the back of the coach. Do I leave the pump on or off? Should I hook to city water to flush these lines, are the two sets of lines related? There were several other issues with my dealer, such as he forged my signature on the PDI and sent in to Coachmen. John at Coachmen said it was fine for a dealer to sign this inspection since they had a power of attorney, so I am left to my own devices to figure out how to best use my new unit, as neither Coachmen or the dealer seem to really care. Also, where would you be able to get touch up paint, there are several small places where the paint is missing that I will need to fix as well. My unit is only a couple of weeks old, so not really impressed right now. Thanks for any replies on the best way to take care of this unit.
dadndadn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #2

Not sure what you're describing on your drain tank handles unless maybe if you have a bath-nad-a-half floorplan, there could be two "sets" of tanks you have to drain seperately. That's the only think I could think of there. Here's a video that might help on tank dumping:

As far as touch-up paint, if your new rig didn't already come with a paint touch-up kit stashed somewhere in one of the cabinets (mine didn't), you'll have to contact Coachmen and ask for your specific unit's "paint codes" for each color you have on the outside of the rig. Then, you'll be able to go to an automotive store and get some yourself (on your dime, unfortunately, but at least you'll have some).

Hope this helps and that you're enjoying your new rig!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadndadn
I have just purchased a new 2013 Mirada 35DL. The dealer was 150 miles from my home. I had a scheduled pickup time that the dealer picked. I arrived early, and he said it was not ready. When the unit was finally ready to pickup, there was nobody that could give me the delivery inspection and show me how things work. I am slowly learning things about how the unit is supposed to work. Just wondering, could anybody give me some advice on how the best way to do the tank draining? I think I have the waste water tank draining figured out, but there are two sets of drain lines that are red and blue, one set in the mid area of the coach, and one set at the back of the coach. Do I leave the pump on or off? Should I hook to city water to flush these lines, are the two sets of lines related? There were several other issues with my dealer, such as he forged my signature on the PDI and sent in to Coachmen. John at Coachmen said it was fine for a dealer to sign this inspection since they had a power of attorney, so I am left to my own devices to figure out how to best use my new unit, as neither Coachmen or the dealer seem to really care. Also, where would you be able to get touch up paint, there are several small places where the paint is missing that I will need to fix as well. My unit is only a couple of weeks old, so not really impressed right now. Thanks for any replies on the best way to take care of this unit.
Red is hot water and blue is the cold. These are all low point drains for piping or fresh water tanks. If you have an air comp. best to put low pressue into the city connection and blow out lines and faucets. The waste tanks have NO other oulets. If you compare the oulets to the fittings it will soon make sense. Open the annode rod of the water heater last and flush tank. Enjoy you new unit, lots to learn but thats part of the fun.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #4

I have 2 sets of the blue and red pex pipe drain pipes. Just wondering why there would need to be 2 sets of them. Do they not just drain the potable water tank? Do they also drain the water lines in the camper? On the sewer hookups, it does have the two bathrooms, and the back bathroom has it's own tank. A question on this as well, it seems that the back bathroom sink and shower drain into the gray water tank, not the black water tank for the rear bathroom. Does anybody know if this is the case? If so, would it be a major deal to somehow route the shower and sink in the back bathroom to the black water tank for the rear bathroom? It seems that the gray water fills up very quickly, and the two black water tanks only go to about 1/3 to 1/2 full each after a week of camping. Thanks for the video. I purchased a Flojet macerator pump for draining the tanks so I wouldn't have to carry a large sewer hose. Took me a bit to get going with it, but it seems to be a much cleaner way to drain over the way I used the sewer hose on my last RV. When you are finally through draining the tanks and cleaning the pump, it is basically clear water coming out of everything, so it seems that my tanks are getting a good cleaning as well.
dadndadn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadndadn View Post
I have 2 sets of the blue and red pex pipe drain pipes. Just wondering why there would need to be 2 sets of them. Do they not just drain the potable water tank? Do they also drain the water lines in the camper? On the sewer hookups, it does have the two bathrooms, and the back bathroom has it's own tank. A question on this as well, it seems that the back bathroom sink and shower drain into the gray water tank, not the black water tank for the rear bathroom. Does anybody know if this is the case? If so, would it be a major deal to somehow route the shower and sink in the back bathroom to the black water tank for the rear bathroom? It seems that the gray water fills up very quickly, and the two black water tanks only go to about 1/3 to 1/2 full each after a week of camping. Thanks for the video. I purchased a Flojet macerator pump for draining the tanks so I wouldn't have to carry a large sewer hose. Took me a bit to get going with it, but it seems to be a much cleaner way to drain over the way I used the sewer hose on my last RV. When you are finally through draining the tanks and cleaning the pump, it is basically clear water coming out of everything, so it seems that my tanks are getting a good cleaning as well.

I just saw this post. I know it was a long time ago, but thought I would answer it in case no one else did. I have the same unit as you. I have a red, and two white hoses coming into my wet bay. One of the whites is the same length as the red one. These two are the low point drains for the hot (red) and cold (white) water systems in the front of the coach. The second white one which is longer is the low point drain for your fresh water tank. If you open up the second wet bay at the rear of the coach you will see another set of hot and cold low point drains. They switch between white and blue hose apparently at random. I leave the valves on these open after I empty the lines.

The rear sink and shower drain into the grey water system. This is actually a better set up than having it go into the black. I doubt if you have ever completely filled your gray water tank. I have and it would be better to be standing in grey water in the shower than black. :-)
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags