Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #1

2014 Coachmen

Hey there fellow RV’ers! Have a question,
Does anyone out there ever had or heard of the Coachman Freelander having floor issues? I’ve developed a “soft spot” near the step and it seems to be getting worse. Any advice on how to troubleshoot or repair it? Thank you so very much!!
Sabm72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

From what I can gather, this is a Class C motorhome.

Whereabouts “near the step” is this soft spot? In your model, do you have access to remove the entrance steps going inside. Some rigs allow access to batteries and such. Have you looked from underneath to see if you can see the underside of the soft floor area?

Soft flooring usually indicates water intrusion causing the plywood flooring to go soft. Are you the original owner? Any significant spill of water from a nearby sink or such?

Just asking.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post

Whereabouts “near the step” is this soft spot? In your model, do you have access to remove the entrance steps going inside. Some rigs allow access to batteries and such. Have you looked from underneath to see if you can see the underside of the soft floor area?

Soft flooring usually indicates water intrusion causing the plywood flooring to go soft. Are you the original owner? Any significant spill of water from a nearby sink or such?

Just asking.
The spot is right in front of the counter that has 4 small drawers. It is less than 3 feet from the door step. The battery storage is under the steps. Not sure if I can actually get that open but I’ll give it a try. I’ve crawled underneath and it’s sealed from the factory. Thank you for your help! I’ll re-post when if I can get floor access.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabm72 View Post
The spot is right in front of the counter that has 4 small drawers. It is less than 3 feet from the door step. The battery storage is under the steps. Not sure if I can actually get that open but I’ll give it a try. I’ve crawled underneath and it’s sealed from the factory. Thank you for your help! I’ll re-post when if I can get floor access.
Not the original owner. But I’ve had it less than 1 year. The shower was leaking but haven’t used it. Waiting for warmer weather to re-silicon it.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post

Just asking.
Well had an RV repair guy here... he said this was the best put-together FR he’s ever seen. Wow!! He took down some panels, checked a few other places but really couldn’t tell me the origin or even how or if I should/need to replace the soft spot. I asked about the battery compartment and he said it been a pain to remove it because he’s bave to remove the door and frame. Too much for me to delve into! Seemed like a waste of $100 for the service call fee.
Any other ideas? I’d love to hear them. Thank you!!
Old 03-10-2019, 01:45 AM   #6

First, welcome to the forum.

Can you take a photo of the area you are talking about? Perhaps with a photo, some of the friends in this forum might be able to help.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
Misfit Adventures

Any pics of area
Misfit011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags