Old 02-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
2015 Coachmen Prism 24G Roof Leak

When it rains hard water comes in the back of the closet behind the bathroom.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Where is it coming in and what's the best way to fix?

When the front of the RV is lower than the rear, it also leaks:
Skylight in the bathroom
Heater vent over loveseat
Slide over bed

If I'm careful to have the front of the RV higher than the rear, the closet is the only remaining leak.
I've only been using the RV for 6 months and am very frustrated with the leaks.

falcon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
While I do NOT have your model I do Have a Leprechaun. That said I see a Window aft of closet and of course possible roof seals need inspected. Water most likely is not coming in where you see it and possibly is running down a seam line for several feet before finding a way out. Suggest after you inspect yourself if able to consult your Coachmen Dealer following that since I expect there is still a warranty. Some shops have a device where they pressurize the RV unit and with soapy water 9like looking for a tire leak) go over the entire unit looking for leaks.
With that exhausted consider contacting Ron Ross at Coachmen 574-825-8602 for answers or even repair if your willing to take trip to Middlebury, Indiana.

I had a bunk leak that needed extensive repair so I left it there four weeks. While it was there I recalled a minor window leak by bed that I knew I wanted to address so called Ron asking them to check it while they had it. My minor window leak was repaired along with interior wall panel replaced because of damage they felt needed addressed.

What ever you learn or choose to do act quickly to prevent more damage.

I can and will speak HIGHLY of the Coachmen Class C people at Middlebury. Be prepared to leave unit if you go this route. This is a factory not a dealer so drive in same day repairs are unlikely. I feel they have a harder time being upfront with time line and to communicate work scheduling than even a dealer. From what I some have very lengthy repair experiences at their dealers.
I wish you a speedy fix.
2012 Coachman Leprechaun 319DSF

TOAD -2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4-cyl. AWD
Souris River Canoe leTigre Quetico 17
Old Town Canoe Penobscot 17 Royalex
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote

coachmen, leak, roo, roof