Old 07-13-2015, 04:05 AM   #1
Question 2015 Encounter 37tz.. some help?

We purchased coach new in January. We had a lot of problems in the beginning. The coach goes out almost every weekend, I show dogs and took out the table and chairs and put my dog crates there.
The issue range from the transfer box under the kitchen drawer basically catching on fire the 1st weekend out with it and only having 1/2power(30amps) on the generator for 4days in a snow storm to poor workmanship and cabinet latches installed wrong door latches not working.

Few things I wonder if I could get some help with....

Anyone know where fresh water tank is located and any way to see it??

When I fill fresh water tank it shows full coming out over flow by the time I get to location tank shows 2/3? A lot of time I'm self contained for 4 days 2people 5dogs water runs short and Idea how to stop water loss??

I have tile floors which seem to stain very easy.. I scrub it on my hands and knees and still looks dirty. Anyone know what kind of tile it is? I'm looking to get it sealed so easier to clean.

What is the easiest cheapest satellite tv. I get to show sites and don't get 1 channel make for long boring nights?

Anyone know if it is possible to add more furnace vents? We do a lot of late in the season early season camping and coach seems to never get warm enough in bedroom or on kitchen slide area.

We have a inverter that runs our fridge when not plugged in to there away to get that inverter to run some other things like a tv?

Sorry so much... I have more but ill save for another day.. I appreciate everyone taking time to answer.

mwolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
I have heard that Forest River got some of the quality control issues resolved but it doesn't sound like it to me.

The Fresh water tank is not easy to get to. If you crawl under the street side just in front of the rear wheels you can find a white soft plastic tube hanging down. That is your overflow line. I understand that to pull the fresh water tank out you have to pull the generator out first.

I've had a similar problem to your issue with the water tank not being full. Here was my solution.

1) As you are filling the tank, turn on the water pump and make sure to fill the water heater and all the lines, toilet, sinks, shower. I found this simple trick saved me 15 gallons of water. Just didn't occur to me to do this as I was filling the tank.

2) I extended the overfill line with 1/2 PVC pipe so the water comes out right in front of the rear tires at the outside edge of the coach. Easy to get to. When the tank is full I put my finger over the end of the line to stop any syphoning that is going on. It takes a couple of times but then the water stops.

Those two things stopped my water loss and after filling the tank (but before my wife gets into the shower for a 30 minute hot water soak), I check the gauge and it does read full. All bets are off once she takes a shower. :-)

While we are on water issues I have an objection to the size of the grey water tank FR put in my coach. It is only 40 gallons and if fills up very fast. The holding tank is also 40 gallons and that works just fine but the grey tank should have been 60 gallons.

Can't help you with the tile and my coach didn't come with an inverter, I had to add it later. I don't have a problem with it but don't use it all that much. I also added a solar panel up top to recharge the batteries.

Gary, Cindy, Reacher (Maine Coon), and Vivian (in spirit only now).
Retired: July 31st, 2013 and loving it.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
A guy I work with bought a little check valve put teflon tape around it and shoved it up the drain over flow line so that when he fills his tank it's open until the water comes out then he closes it and slowly put a little bit more water and to top the tank off
mwolcott is offline   Reply With Quote