Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #1

2016 Coachmen 240 FS Tank flush valves

I have a caution label underneath my tank flush water connection that reads " Do not use the tank flush valves unless the fullway termination valve is in the open position. Is this the same as the black tank empty valve? I have two of them.
ddamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddamron View Post
I have a caution label underneath my tank flush water connection that reads " Do not use the tank flush valves unless the fullway termination valve is in the open position. Is this the same as the black tank empty valve? I have two of them.
Yes.

What they are trying to say is that if you run the tank flush with the valve closed and walk away from it...

Chances are you'll forget it is running and before long you'll have the mess of a lifetime...inside your RV!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #3

I have the same system. I use the flush connection after I first open both valves. Then I close the closest valve to the tank for a minute, open it again, let it get empty, and repeat the same process once or twice. This way I have experience that the black tank cleans better. Close both valves when done. My experience is that this way I get a better cleaning.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, flush, tank, valve