Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #1

2016 Coachmen Prism 2150LE Black Tank Manufacturer?

Does anyone know who makes the black holding tank for the coachmen prism line? There appears to be a name on it, but I cannot quite read it. I can see it just fine, but it is very blurry in the molding. There is a "QAI" stamp on it and what appears to be a manufacturers name below that. It looks like US R something. Anyway, my tank has a crack in it. I am attempting to fix the crack using the ground up ABS plastic mixed with ABS welding cement. I used a dremel with cut off wheel to open the crack up to help promote getting the mixture deep into the plastic, but I am pretty skeptical as to whether or not this will hold. I also added some fiberglass screen material to the outside of the crack in hopes to give some substance to the bond. I did prep the surfaces with abs primer/cleaner, but again, am skeptical. I suspect that a tank replacement is in the future, but cannot figure out where to source a new tank from. I'd like to find the exact one, but am coming up empty. I am hoping someone has been here before. TIA, Matt
capav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #2

I'm thinking that you may have called Coachman by now and gotten your answer. We actually just put a deposit down on a 2014 Coachman Prism 24g. I am wondering what might have caused your black tank crack, and if you have found out if this is common? If you have any likes or dislikes about your Prism, I would love to hear them if you have a moment. I hope your tank is fixed or replaced by now.
Drummergirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummergirl8 View Post
<snip>We actually just put a deposit down on a 2014 Coachman Prism 24g.<snip> If you have any likes or dislikes about your Prism, I would love to hear them if you have a moment.<snip>

We have had a 2016 Prism 24G for 2 1/2 years and 15k miles and like it. Feel free to contact me for likes and dislikes.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #4

We had a crack in our fresh water tank and Albany RV had to order one through Coachman. The tank was essentially made to order and not terribly expensive either... How bad is the crack? Have you tried aluminum tape that they use for repairing damage to a pop up camper roof?
Heffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capav8r View Post
Does anyone know who makes the black holding tank for the coachmen prism line? There appears to be a name on it, but I cannot quite read it. I can see it just fine, but it is very blurry in the molding. There is a "QAI" stamp on it and what appears to be a manufacturers name below that. It looks like US R something. Anyway, my tank has a crack in it. I am attempting to fix the crack using the ground up ABS plastic mixed with ABS welding cement. I used a dremel with cut off wheel to open the crack up to help promote getting the mixture deep into the plastic, but I am pretty skeptical as to whether or not this will hold. I also added some fiberglass screen material to the outside of the crack in hopes to give some substance to the bond. I did prep the surfaces with abs primer/cleaner, but again, am skeptical. I suspect that a tank replacement is in the future, but cannot figure out where to source a new tank from. I'd like to find the exact one, but am coming up empty. I am hoping someone has been here before. TIA, Matt

I don’t know if you got your crack repaired yet, but 3M makes a product called 5200, you can even apply this underwater on boats. You just cover the crack with this stuff and it takes 24 hrs to fully cure, but for sure your leak will be sealed. I wouldn’t buy a new tank because of a crack only, sometimes Napa has it or Ace, I think I got a tube on Amazon

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, coachmen, tank