Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #1

2016 Freelander 26RSF

Did it again. Attended the Toronto RV show Sat and traded up, from 2014 21QB to a new 2016 Freelander 26RS on the ford chassis V10. 2nd class c after downsizing from 35ft Carraige Cameo 5ver.
A couple of questions for anyone who might know, under the curb side of the RV in the rear their seems to be a termination valve ( similar to grey?black water dump handles. Anyone know what it is for? Also anyone know what the CW & CCC weights are for this unit the brochure only states TBD?
2016 camping plans include MT Rushmore, Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg, Quebec City & several long weekend trips in Ontario.
Hope everyone has a great camping season.

2014 Freelander 21QB
2016 Freelander 26RS
Towing 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
jjrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #2

Congrats on your 2016 Freelander 26RS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #3

Freelander 26RSF

Just got off the phone with Coachmen & got the following info I needed.

FYI for anyone interested
2016 Freelander 26RS & 21RS have the holding tanks on curbside as the bathroom is on that side. The termination handle in question is for the black tank as I was told there has to be one with 18 inches of the tank. So to dump you must open this termination point also to empty the black tank. (must open both black tank handles one on each side of coach)

Weight #'s
CW- 10600 lbs
CCC- 1900 lbs

2016 Freelander 26RSF
Towing 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Old 03-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #4

I recommend when dumping that you open the valve closest to the black tank last. I believe this provides the best head pressure for clearing the lines in our 28QB.

on 2012 4500 Chevrolet Chassis
Paul
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #5

2016 Freelander 26 RSF

Thanks BDHowie for the tip.
Does the RV not being perfectly level effect the dumping of the black tank much due to it being on the opposite side from the normal termination point?
Any insight you may have on install (location) of a black tank flush would be appreciated.
Thanks

2016 Freelander 26 RSF
2015 Wrangler sport toad
Old 03-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #6

2016 Freelander 26RSF

jjrver

I have some unique dumping issues with my unit since it is my observation that the house was not set level on the chassis front to rear. My unit is set1/4 bubble high toward the rear. This is about a 3/4" rise in four feet. This results in the tanks being 1/2-1" higher in the rear than the front. I do not find that this is an issue when I am routinely dumping while on the road. However, I do make some leveling adjustments when I am home and dumping prior to storing. I raise both front and the rear driver's side to ensure the tank low point is rear and passenger side. Only about 1/2-1".

I do not have a black tank flush, but have been considering it. I think it would be a great aid. I think the likely install would be rear or inboard tank wall near the top. I have not determined a location for the hose hookup. Let me know your solution if you get to this before I do.
Paul

Paul
Old 03-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #7

2016 Freelander 26 RSF

Paul just told the dealer prepping the 26rs to add a black flush valve. Will let you know where they put it.
Do the walk thru on the 23rd
Other mods- bbq connection, bedroom tv, exterior tv & mud flap along the rear of coach to keep stones , hopefully, from breaking the jeep winshield. Also a Pro clip dash mount for the GPS

2016 Freelander 26rsf
2015 Wrangler sport
Old 03-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #8

Freelander 26RSF

Paul
The dealer finished prepping the 26 RS and installed the black tank flush on the drivers side near the termination valves. Didn't look underneath to see how it was routed but the connection point is on the drivers side. Hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #9

jjrver

Is your black tank/toilet on the driver or passenger side?
When you have time please post a picture of the installed tank flush hose hookup location in relation to the other termination valves. And also, if you are able, a picture of the tank connection.
Thanks for the update.
Paul

Paul
Old 03-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #10

FREELANDER 26rs

My tanks & toilet are on the passenger side, there is a cross over pipe underneath to the drivers side where the dump valves are. There is also a second black tack dump valve located on the passenger side right at the holding tank. The Coachmen customer service rep told me it is mandatory to have a dump valve within 18 inches of the black tank, so the second black tank valve on the passenger side.
I haven't picked up the MH yet but do the walk thru on Wednesday. Still forecasting snow up here so I won't be taking it out of storage till mid May.