Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #1

2016 Mirada 35BH questions

We currently own a TT, but are going to upgrade to a motorhome!

We love the layout of the Mirada, but I am not a big fan of the u-shaped dinette. How difficult is it to swap that out for a conventional shaped dinette?

Also, anyone own one of these beasts with general tips or advice are certainly welcome to chime in. Thanks in advance!

Ivan
ivanbeausky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
WDW

We have a new BH- DW wanted that from the first time she saw it in a Winnebago. I don't believe they do custom request. Look up,the FR web site and fund the contact link for national sales . They may be able to help. There is a great dealer in North East, PA - Wakley and they have a recent production on the lot. There are are a few upgrades in 2016 and not all units are the same.

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
Western NY
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #3

Glad to see a Mirada post - we just ordered our. My wife loves the U-Shaped dinette. Ideally we won't probably have more than 4 but the dinette makes a larger bed for the GKs...however me thinks we will never sleep 10.

What I have found out is the that these Bath and 1/2 models have 2 dump zones. That mentally challenges me on how to manage. Most of our RV parks we visit have full hookups and one would think I now somehow have to make choice as to which to keep connected. I will most separately on this topic but I thought I would at least bring this up for the OP as they may know and have thoughts about it.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #4

Can they be piped together with permanent piping?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:03 PM   #5

We love the u shaped dinette. Never thought of tying the 2 dump zones together. Excellent idea, I will try that
Dog-- Brodie (English Labrador)
Cat--Macy
Bearded dragon- BRUTUS
buckeye2344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #6

We have a 2013 Rockwood 2608ws TT with dual dumps bought a dual dump y from camco and have two hoses works well only compliant is the one dump is under slide and is a pain to get under the slide to open dump.(poor design).
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #7

We have a 2012 29DS Mirado. Its about our 8th RV and best to date. Great interior design and right size for tight spots. Were thinking about downsizing but nothing comes close. Highly recommend but beware buying new. All the experts warned me when we bought a new diesel pusher. Buy a gently used where all the bugs are worked out. We did with this rig and picked up the great Route 66 warranty.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #8

I have a 2014 Mirada 35DL. It has the two black tanks. Normally I have up the one in the front as this has the grey line and I can leave it open. The one in the back I normally only have to dump when we are leaving so after I finish the front tanks I do the one in the back. I had two sani-cons installed just recently and this make it a whole lot easier to dump the tanks.

Jaime
Brake Buddy Stealth
jgallego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #9

When setting up, I keep the driver side slide in till after the water and dump hoses are connected, and put the slide in before dumping the black tanks, due to the placement problem. Like others, only the gray tank is left open. I try to dump the two blacks only when leaving if possible.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
Dahagen

If it does not have the setup you want, keep looking. With all the stuff out there you should be able to find something you like that does not have the U dinette. We have a 2013 28 DS Mirada, bought new, and love it. Only one problem during warranty. Dealer could not seem to get it fixed and Coachman let us take to an independent repair shop to have it fixed in one day.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote