Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2016, 11:11 PM   #1

2016 Mirada 35KB Park cable connection

Does anyone know if the 2016 Mirada 35KB has a Park cable connection, if so, where it is located and if it can be used for satellite connection?

Thanks
1997 F-350 CC PSD
BigHomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Check by the water connections. I never have used mine but seems like I saw it there.
Pcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:02 AM   #3

On my 35BH it's located in the front water compartment above the fresh tank full valve. Not sure if it's the same but worth a look.

Jeremy and Denise
2017 Coachmen Mirada 35BH
"Large Marge"
Jer n Neisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #4

Thanks. I am seriously considering The Mirada 35KB, and the salesman says it is prepped for satellite on the roof, but I would rather use a portable. I will look in the water compartment for the cable hookup. If the park cable is routed through the TV amplifier with splitters to all the TVs, it probably won't work for satellite. Satellite requires a direct connection to provide power. It is worth a try before I have to figure out how to get a connection into the MH.
1997 F-350 CC PSD
Old 10-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #5

I have a 2016 Mirada 35, although not the BH. I have used the cable and it is routed through the amplifier to both TV's.
mdebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #6

Check to see if there are HD cables to the tv's. Mine had standard cables. Installed dish on roof before I found out. Wasn't very happy about bad picture. Luckily the dealer ran HD cables at no charge.
Pcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #7

That is a very good point I forgot to mention. They have not run HDMI cables to the TV's.
mdebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcracer View Post
Check to see if there are HD cables to the tv's. Mine had standard cables. Installed dish on roof before I found out. Wasn't very happy about bad picture. Luckily the dealer ran HD cables at no charge.
I checked that out. There are only composite to the TV from the DVDs. I would have to change the DVDs to BluRays, but I already have a wireless HDMI setup that I can use from a satellite receiver to all the TVs.
1997 F-350 CC PSD
Old 10-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #9

My cable connection is in the water compartment, I run a direct TV tripod dish outside. I ran a new cable CAT 6 or whatever through the rig and put in a sat TV coaxial connection in the water compartment next to the park TV factory connection. Looks factory installed. I read too much stuff about splitters, amplifiers etc. My new connector goes directly to the Direct TV box which has HDMI that I had to install by taking the TV off the wall. I also have a wireless HD transmitter/receiver setup to transmit from the living room to the bedroom TV, works great.

One problem with roof mounted is in your in the woods you may not be able to find a satellite, with the tripod unit and 50' of cable you might be able to fine a dish through a hole in the forest canopy.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
My cable connection is in the water compartment, I run a direct TV tripod dish outside. I ran a new cable CAT 6 or whatever through the rig and put in a sat TV coaxial connection in the water compartment next to the park TV factory connection. Looks factory installed. I read too much stuff about splitters, amplifiers etc. My new connector goes directly to the Direct TV box which has HDMI that I had to install by taking the TV off the wall. I also have a wireless HD transmitter/receiver setup to transmit from the living room to the bedroom TV, works great.

One problem with roof mounted is in your in the woods you may not be able to find a satellite, with the tripod unit and 50' of cable you might be able to fine a dish through a hole in the forest canopy.
I am about to pull the plug on a Mirada 35KB and am trying to find out how much work I am going to have to do if I get it. I am with you on the satellite on tripod, that is the setup I have now with my TT and have used it effectively everywhere we have camped. I already have an ActionTec wireless HDMI setup, so that will help. Satellite is a must to keep DW happy with Fox News.

Once I get the satellite figured out, I will be on to the suspension issues.
1997 F-350 CC PSD
Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #11

I thought about this a lot, and if it isn't pre-wired for park and sat TV, like mine wasn't, its almost easier to just run a separate cable for the sat tv. Otherwise you have to pull the TV off the wall and try and connect the sat to the antenna, and the park tv connection so that all of them will be able to work. Plus you have unknown issues about switches, and stuff. In mine it was not too hard to fish a piece of wire down the wall from the living room cabinet where all the power and cables come in to the TV, the hardest part was getting under the kitchen cabinet and drilling a hole through the floor to the under storage cabinet, then through the wheel well and into the water cabinet. I found the exact same white covered cable connector on Amazon for a few bucks and a friend who has the tools made the crimp cable connections after I fished the cable through the various holes. I think the whole thing took me less than two hours.

My suggestion is get the direct TV box and try hooking it up to the park tv cable connection and see if it works first. You may have to hook the box up outside to see if the TV sees it. If it does, then pull the TV off the wall and take the coaxial cable off the back of the tv and plug it into the direct tv box. But make sure you can still use park TV and your roof antenna before you do that.

If you make your own cable ends, DO buy the right cable and DO buy/borrow the right tools to make those fittings, DO NOT use your pocket knife and a pair of pliers, its a digital signal after all.

Another great tip, with Direct and the actiontec for both TVs you have to run both TVs on the same channel, with a Wingard box and remote, and maybe others, you can configure the remote to be IR or RF. With RF you can control the direct TV box from the bedroom without line of sight.

I had the dish tailgater and they'd nickle and dime me for fees even when I'd call and "suspend" the account. I paid about $400 over two years and switched my house and Rig to Direct and now I pay $6/month for a guest house box with Direct and it just works. Sometimes I need to "refresh" the guest house/RV box but not a big deal.

Last trick of the day. I wanted my living room TV to push sound through the house speakers, it wasn't wired that way. I bought an audiomate AM8112 one way digital adapter and I plug the transmitter into the TV external speaker jack and the receiver into the audio input of the dash radio and I get TV sound through the house speakers, $25 or so from Amazon, you have to recharge both units once in a while, but no additional wiring! Sounds good too.

Tags
cable