Old 08-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #1

2016 SportsCoach that leans/ 3inch higher curb side

HI, has anyone had a issue with a leaning motor home? I have a brand new 2016 Sportscoach that is 3 inches higher curbside. the motor home leans, you can see it as plain as day when you are standing in front of it. I have self leveling jacks and the rv never levels correctly the curbside is always so high its hard to get in and out. Forest river wants us to have it put on a alignment rack and measured to determine what the actual lean is, and if it is actually 3 inches, they are saying we will need to get a shim kit ordered and installed on the rv. It is hard to find a alignment place near me that has a rack that will lift a rv.
I want to know if anyone else has had a issue like this?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've heard of this, but not alot, and not to the extent of 3". Large truck repair shops will most likely have alignment racks that can help you out.

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #3

Do you have a spring problem.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #4

I can say the Coachmen folks will do what they can to correct it.
Also, check with Coachmen and see if maybe they can recommend someone in your area or close by to check it.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #5

Ive heard of leaning but nothing over 2" in the past. Spring problems most of the time. Still the leveler took care of the lean when deployed on those.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChereF View Post
HI, has anyone had a issue with a leaning motor home? I have a brand new 2016 Sportscoach that is 3 inches higher curbside. the motor home leans, you can see it as plain as day when you are standing in front of it. I have self leveling jacks and the rv never levels correctly the curbside is always so high its hard to get in and out. Forest river wants us to have it put on a alignment rack and measured to determine what the actual lean is, and if it is actually 3 inches, they are saying we will need to get a shim kit ordered and installed on the rv. It is hard to find a alignment place near me that has a rack that will lift a rv.
I want to know if anyone else has had a issue like this?
Is it leaning with jacks retracted or when you try to autolevel? Could be the level sensor on your jacks needs to be adjusted.

2003 Coachman Cross Country Elite 376DS
2002 Jeep Wrangler
burkede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #7

No it leans like this while parked with jacks retracted. when you stand in the front of it you can see it leaning. I have contacted coachman and we are trying to figure out what to do. They want me to take it to a shop that has a alignment rack that will lift the rv up and take some measurements to determine if it is over a 1" lean, then they are saying you order a shim kit to install to correct this. I am having a hard time to find a place that has a rack that large to lift the rv up. All shops i have called only lift the front or back not the whole rv.

Tags
sport