Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #1

2019 Mirada 35LS - tell me about current years

I currently have a 2017 Dynamax REV 24 RB. Bought it new 3 years ago and it serves us well. I use it year round. Well built and better components than many other brands. Dynamax has earned our business but does not currently offer what we need. I expect that to change but not soon.

So, We would like to have something affordable to us that:
has a bath and a half.
Useable with slides in.
Full time bed.
More room to accommodate my big gut.
Big shower.
Comfortable bathrooms.
Under 37’ long, ideally shorter is better for us.

I don’t expect the Coachmen design and build quality to rival Dynamax but I am willing to consider this model. We saw one last week and liked it. We did not give it a close examination and didn’t notice anything screwed up at first glance.

I know I will need to tweak the suspension.

I know from this forum that there is the occasional lemon.

What are the common deficiencies? I read that some don’t like the cockpit seats after awhile. Also the headlights may stink, I often drive at night.

Where is the sewer hose kept?

I don’t remember the location of the generator and it’s exhaust pipe. Are contortions required to change the oil?

I haven’t read about any windshield wiper failures.

We saw Winnebagos that we liked but the Mirada price point is appealing. The Winnebagos appearance is more my style.

I am open to all comments.

Thanks,

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #2

Don't consider a Mirada for any reason at all seriously. They are a complete nightmare. I have over 80 items that needed to be fixed, these things are complete crap. On the mirada owners facebook group people are having all kinds of issues, windows falling out completely on the highway, constant slide problems, floor rotting on new units because of a multitude of issues. The slide systems not put in properly causing the rails to bed and warp. One thing after another. Avoid these units at all cost man, seriously. Look at a Bay star, or the new Entegra gas coaches in the same price point. Stay far far away from these things.
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Don't consider a Mirada for any reason at all seriously. They are a complete nightmare. I have over 80 items that needed to be fixed, these things are complete crap. On the mirada owners facebook group people are having all kinds of issues, windows falling out completely on the highway, constant slide problems, floor rotting on new units because of a multitude of issues. The sling systems not put in properly causing the rails to bed and warp. One thing after another. Avoid these units at all cost man, seriously. Look at a Bay star, or the new Entegra gas coaches in the same price point. Stay far far away from these things.

You echo the comments of RV the service people I spoke with. The new Mirada we saw was $100,000 so much lower than the other brands. But I am purging the thought of a Mirada from my system.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
You echo the comments of RV the service people I spoke with. The new Mirada we saw was $100,000 so much lower than the other brands. But I am purging the thought of a Mirada from my system.
The Newmar Bay Star SPORT is the Newmar brand equivilant to the Mirada, and the Bay Star (not the sport) compares to the Select. No comparison really, but make sure you are comparing the right levels from a cost standpoint. Also the prices you see on RV trader for the Newmar is the MSRP take like 25% off that atleast to get you a ball park price. You should be able to get into a bay star sport in the 105 to 115 range, which is slightly higher than the mirada but trust me worth every penny. The regular bay star actual price after negotiation is 120's into 130's. We "saved" the 15k on the front end too, only to burn 30k on the back end to get out of it. Don't do what we did man. Tiffin or Newmar buy used a year old if you need to get lower into a price point..
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
The Newmar Bay Star SPORT is the Newmar brand equivilant to the Mirada, and the Bay Star (not the sport) compares to the Select. No comparison really, but make sure you are comparing the right levels from a cost standpoint. Also the prices you see on RV trader for the Newmar is the MSRP take like 25% off that atleast to get you a ball park price. You should be able to get into a bay star sport in the 105 to 115 range, which is slightly higher than the mirada but trust me worth every penny. The regular bay star actual price after negotiation is 120's into 130's. We "saved" the 15k on the front end too, only to burn 30k on the back end to get out of it. Don't do what we did man. Tiffin or Newmar buy used a year old if you need to get lower into a price point..

OK, I like Tiffin and Newmar better anyway.
Thanks

Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #6

2020 Mirada 35ls

We have only had our new Mirada for a couple of months and camped in it a coupe of times. So far we love it, much more room than our Forester 3051s. Sounds like, from other posts that I should expect problems! We will be living in it for six months a year so I'm sure we'll discover some issues. It runs down the freeway much nicer that the class C, could stand a suspension tweak but not displeased with the handling. Good luck.
Tomban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomban View Post
We have only had our new Mirada for a couple of months and camped in it a coupe of times. So far we love it, much more room than our Forester 3051s. Sounds like, from other posts that I should expect problems! We will be living in it for six months a year so I'm sure we'll discover some issues. It runs down the freeway much nicer that the class C, could stand a suspension tweak but not displeased with the handling. Good luck.
Good to hear. Please keep us informed.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #8

jim

Just now saw thread. We have a 2018 Coachmen Mirada 31FW. We like it.
We like the floor plan and the price point. The quality is better than some in the same price range. Outside of a few simple things that were factory mistakes that we notice right away and the dealer took care of, we have had no other issues. Drives and handles well. ( we did have the Safety Plus steering stabilizer installed when new).
Sure you can spend more money and get something nicer if works for your budget.
jlorfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #9

We bought a new Coachmen Mirada 35KB, the dealer was the worst problem(DDRV) took them over 21 days to prepare for pick up and they still did nothing, Only real issue we had with coach so far was the bedroom shade/blind assy fell of the wall on the way to a FROG event. (Told the item is dealer installed .Figures DDRV incompetence) minor issues like cracked headlight assy,misc. trim items . that is being taken care of under warranty by another dealer... Besides that we have been very happy with the unit.... Good luck...croman
CROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:47 PM   #10
meg

I wouldn't buy another Mirada. We have a 2011 ,32 ft Mirada. Very poorly,cheaply made. Just got back from the factory in Middlebury,In. to have some work done on it. Wasn't real happy with them. Poor service manager was run ragged. So many people there having work done on faulty construction. Were told Mirada is an entry level RV so shouldn't expect quality construction. We stayed at campground there while they worked on our Mirada. Other customers were staying there also and were complaining about the quality of Coachmen rvs.
meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg View Post
I wouldn't buy another Mirada. We have a 2011 ,32 ft Mirada. Very poorly,cheaply made. Just got back from the factory in Middlebury,In. to have some work done on it. Wasn't real happy with them. Poor service manager was run ragged. So many people there having work done on faulty construction. Were told Mirada is an entry level RV so shouldn't expect quality construction. We stayed at campground there while they worked on our Mirada. Other customers were staying there also and were complaining about the quality of Coachmen rvs.

When were you there? I was there a little over 2weeks ago meet some folks who had a Mirada getting Service work done also. I was parked right next to Frog Bobs net 45’ Berk. Did you see it, it was black, blue and gray. New layout only not much change. I don’t think I would classify that area as a CG. My unit was a Concord 300. And yes quit a few Miranda’s. I hope you had better luck with your repairs then I did. Safe travels to you....[emoji1493]*♀️

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:10 PM   #12
Smittty

Mirada Comment

I own a 31’ 2017 coachman mirada; purchased it new. We replaced/upgraded the couch, radio, speakers, one tv, and the awning because the original items were very cheap and the couch very uncomfortable. We’ve only had a couple of minor repairs (steps and inverter). We’ve been on many trips in the past two years and so far so good. Everything has worked fine. The best thing I like about the Mirada is the amount of room inside. The layout is almost perfect .

One person mentioned that you should look at the Baystar instead of the Mirada; I can say that my neighbor owns a Baystar and he can’t stand it... says he has had many problems with it.

With that said, i think with any brand you buy, there are going to be repairs; you could end up with a good dependable one or a lemon.
Smittty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #13

Well I must say that buying ANY RV, is a matter of how lucky you are.
Also, how patient/polite, that you are.
In my experience, we currently have a 2019 Mirada Select, 37TB, and I absolutely love it!
This is our third RV, and it is the nicest looking rig so far.
Our first RV was a 2015 Forest River FR3, and it was a NIGHTMARE! Countless trips back to dealer, months at a time, being repaired, and an absolute TERROR, to drive, in ANY condition. With me being an OTR driver, I just assumed that this is what RV ownership was!
Well the DW and I just prepared, to have to live with this, then I found this forum and started reading so many others horror story’s, but, we also got a whole lot of good information. With that, we started to learn, and, do research, and ask the right questions. Found out, that our very first RV, had been stolen off the dealer’s lot, and taken for a joy ride, and then trashed.
The dealer tried to repair it, and still sold it to us, as ‘new’.Armed with our new knowledge, we proceeded to Eviscerate the sales department!
Thankfully, the store just got a new general manager, and he was fantastic! After getting all of the information about the purchase, he told us to go on the lot, and pick out a new unit. We got a 2017 FR3 30DS, and it was GREAT! VERY few minor problems, and it drove wonderfully!!
That said, when it came time to upgrade, we went back to that same dealer, and bought the Coachmen, and so far, so good! Life’s great now!
Oakwood Farms is offline   Reply With Quote