Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2017, 06:53 PM   #1

26RS J Couch Bed

I have a 2018 26RS that has a j couch. When you make this couch into a bed, we remove the tabletop, pull out the stowed seat then place the tabletop on top of rails. Problem is, there is no support on the one long side and it makes the fold out bed seem flimsy and unstable. Am I doing this correctly or just poor design?
JayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #2

I will let you know I pick up a new one Tuesday and I will see on walk thru.
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #3

KNMIB,

Thanks for the response. On our walk thru, we had a young guy who was not very knowledgable.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

How you like your 26rs? We had a Four Winds and wanted to go a little bigger the layout for us looks great. How does it drive?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:38 AM   #5

We really like our 26rs. Good floor plan for the size. Easy drive, except if it's windy of course. I have the Chevy, little soft in the front, back is fine. It has the air bags in the rear. First Class C, so have no experience to compare it to.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #6

That's good to hear. I don't think it matters what you have the wind is a factor. I have air in back also just need to figure out how much to inflate. I did put a Saf-t-plus on my Four Winds and that did help steering I don't know if that would be necessary on the Chevy chassis.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #7

I have tried 50 psi which seems to work well. I'm going to try 60 psi on this next trip and see if I notice a difference. I may be interested in the Saf-t-Plus. Did you install it yourself?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #8

No I had it installed but if I put one the 260 I may do it myself, I don't think they are difficult to install, we will see I need to drive it for awhile first.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:20 AM   #9

We picked up our 26RS (Chevy Chassis) last week. Drove over 4 hrs in a brisk wind without difficulty, much better then our 2001 Santera (Ford 450)
Jane1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #10

We are in Arizona now and the RV with the back air bags handled much better then our Four Winds did. I don't know if its the Chevy chaise compared to the ford or if its the air bags combined with being heavier. I personally like the handling of the Chevy better then the Ford. I do like the overall quality of the Leprechaun and the only problem so far after 3500 miles is our front fan stopped working and should be under warranty. I'm running airbags at 60 psi and may put 3-5 lbs more on the driver side where all the weight is, the coach is about 2 inches lower on that side.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #11

We have a Leprechaun 260DS with 2 slides would be the only difference from the 26RS, with that said chassis and drive ability should be the same. Sorry if any confusion.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #12
J T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJ View Post
I have a 2018 26RS that has a j couch. When you make this couch into a bed, we remove the tabletop, pull out the stowed seat then place the tabletop on top of rails. Problem is, there is no support on the one long side and it makes the fold out bed seem flimsy and unstable. Am I doing this correctly or just poor design?

Jay J-

Can you post a picture of how you're setting up the bed? We may be able to help.
J T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J T View Post
Jay J-

Can you post a picture of how you're setting up the bed? We may be able to help.

It’s poor design, we have the 2017 and I know exactly what you’re saying. It’s like there is a missing long cushion piece that should lay along that side. I asked the dealership and they blew me off. Also, after inviting a group of small kids on a day trip, I found there was no seatbelt for the seat at the top of the L right behind the passenger seat (but there are cutouts in the wood frame under the cushion where the seatbelt should be and should have been attached). It’s like they forgot to add the seatbelt. I have come to learn this is the Hyundai of motor homes...very cheaply manufactured, glued parts coming apart.
Jchazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchazan View Post
It’s poor design, we have the 2017 and I know exactly what you’re saying. It’s like there is a missing long cushion piece that should lay along that side. I asked the dealership and they blew me off. Also, after inviting a group of small kids on a day trip, I found there was no seatbelt for the seat at the top of the L right behind the passenger seat (but there are cutouts in the wood frame under the cushion where the seatbelt should be and should have been attached). It’s like they forgot to add the seatbelt. I have come to learn this is the Hyundai of motor homes...very cheaply manufactured, glued parts coming apart.
We have all the seat belts and have had virtually zero problems. This is our second coach and I feel it is a lot better then our Four Winds, although we had very few problems with it also. The RV manufactures have zero quality control and that is true all the way to the high end As. Safe travels.

Tags
bed