Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #1

405FK dash heater/air conditioning

While driving home from vacation the heater/air conditioner in the dash suddenly stopped working. (Not the 110 roof units, the one in the dash). I'm hoping that it is something simple, like a fuse, and want to check them out before driving 2 hours to the dealer for repair. Problem is that I can't find the fuse. I checked the fuses in the driver's front exterior compartment, as well as the fuses in the bedroom. They are all good, and nothing is labeled fan, a/c or anything similar. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

2014 Sportscoach Cross Country 405FK
2015 GMC Acadia
afd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #2

The only other place I can think to check is in the generator compartment up front, wish I had better info.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #3

never did find the proper fuse. I did look in the generator area up front, w/o any success.

called the dealer -- they insist that it has to be either in the driver's front exterior compartment, or under the dash. They concede that it probably won't be labeled "Fan", "A/C" or anything else that would make sense to me.

Long story short, I started looking under the dash for this phantom fuse panel and discovered a crimped butt connector that had come apart. I replaced the butt connector and fixed my issue.

I still am not happy about not being able to locate the correct circuit, but at least the thing works now.

2014 Sportscoach Cross Country 405FK
2015 GMC Acadia
afd51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, air conditioner