Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
The Crusader 330MKS is a single duct system for the A/C in the kitchen and living area. If you install a second A/C in the bedroom, it will only blow down and not through the ducts. The A/C in the kitchen sends air out via the duct work to the entire RV.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
Denver, CO

took a look at my system today and it is retarded, No thought to distribution or air flow. the drivers side duct goes from the AC unit rearward for ten feet and has one outlet. since the squirrel cage is on that side that duct get all the flow. the curb side duct goes all the way forward and has 3 outlets with the further one getting almost NO flow at all. I think I can get better flow to the bedroom but only by restricting the flow to he living room outlets.

I understand why the AC systems re having problems getting consistent performance throughout the coach

Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #13

I'm a bit late to the party here (been a heckuva month!)

The whole trick for us has been to get both ACs up and running EARLY in the AM, to keep everything cold all day/night long. So far; so good. What's bugging me more is no way to shut off the passenger vents in the dash - can only "deflect" the air. Grrrr......
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
I'm a bit late to the party here (been a heckuva month!)

The whole trick for us has been to get both ACs up and running EARLY in the AM, to keep everything cold all day/night long. So far; so good. What's bugging me more is no way to shut off the passenger vents in the dash - can only "deflect" the air. Grrrr......
I have two different types of cab/dashboard A/C vents.

The ones on the drivers side can be closed by pushing the deflectors flat. The ones on the passenger side are different, they are solid inflexible balls that you twist within a "socket" to direct air flow.

I do believe you can close them by rotating the ball so it faces directly into the side of the socket it rotates in.

Maybe a better way to describe it is to point the open end to a position 90 degrees from straight out/wide open. I am fairly certain you can block the air flow. I'll be fussing with the coach today and double check that, I may be wrong.

One other thing to keep in mind... Even if you get the "balls" rotated to block air flow you may still get cold air from the open duct that is attached to firewall and points right down to your feet. It has no deflector, its just an open black plastic pipe.

Normally this would be for heat only but I'm not so sure the HVAC system in the dash board is entirely efficient or that it functions as well as you would expect in an automobile. They all seem to be just a bit ad hoc and they seem to suffer problems frequently; at least based on the numerous posts about problems with dash A/C-heat I've seen.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #15

Roll - I have the same configuration as you. Wish they would have just put the same type of vents on the passenger side. Our dash air is really STRONG!

Haven't found a way to close off the passenger vents, just deflect out to the sides so it's not blowing directly on me. I'll take another look this week to see if I'm missing anything there. So far, haven't noticed anything leaking out of that foot vent (thank goodness!!) as I hate cold feet!

All this AC talk is making me sweat, LOL! I'm hot has heck right now - new house AC has a Freon leak somewhere that started last night. Of course these things never happen on weekdays during normal business hours.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote