Old 07-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #1

AC has failed; blowing air temp

I had all the signs that this was coming. Only cool air when cold air was needed; recharged system twice but tech could find no leaks; and late last year when under the coach I noticed dampness around the compressor clutch and pulley. First time I needed the chassis AC all I got was outside air temp as if only the vent was on.

Coach was inspected today. New compressor, dryer and recharge system comes to $1100. This is on a 2011 22 ton Ford chassis, Ford Triton engine.

Good news is that our service plan appears to specifically cover the parts involved, subject to a $100 deductible.

Garage will turn in claim for us.

Anyone else with a 2011 vintage Ford chassis have a problem with the AC compressor?

Gary

2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

AC Compressor

Yes I have a 2011 Mirada and had the compressor changed out 2 years ago while still under Ford Warranty.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:05 AM   #3

I got a different message from Ford. The chassis AC quit and they told me it was Coachmen's problem since they installed the dash evaporator, not Ford. It was out of warranty by Coachmen. Turns out Coachmen left out a Viton O-ring on the system. maybe if the compressor had quit, might have been covered.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #4

Just closing the loop. Compressor and drying replaced and unit now blowing cold air. Not fringed, but cold enough. You can't expect much from a dash unit in a motorhome but it does keep us cool as we drive, it warms up slightly when we stop moving.

Have to keep an eye on the rest of the coach when traveling with pets though and so we ended up spooling up the genny and turning on the coach air for the cat who was riding further back.

Gary, Cindy, and Reacher (Maine Coon). Vivian is no longer with us except in spirit.
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led