Old 09-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #1

Ac/heat pump

I recently purchased a new to me 2014 , Coachmen Leprechaun 280ds with 6000 miles. The air conditioner /heat pump just died and needs to be replaced . I am hoping itís because the rig was mostly sitting. The unit is a dometic Penguin II low profile with heat pump. How dependable are these? The Coleman on my 94 Coachmen is still running at freezing temps!I canít afford 1500 every four years to replace air. Any recommendations for other units or agreement with the new dometics? 15k BTU with heat pump.

shortbeardedduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
WDW

Had one fail too. Dometic has a reputation for these failures.

WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #3

There were some Dometic units a few years ago that leaked refrigerant. I think, but am not sure, that they were Dometic Brisk Air models. Dometic would replace them. You can search this forum for many discussions about them.

We have a Dometic Brisk Air air conditioner/heat pump in our 2011 Sunseeker 3100. We've used it a lot in over 500 nights of camping plus many days and nights in the driveway for cleaning repairs, loading, etc. It's never given the slightest problem. Many will say we're lucky, but that's okay with me.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, heat pump, penguin ii, pump