Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #1

Advise on getting Coachmen parts

We are in California. My husband had a close encounter with a gate post and our 2013 Mirada. He ripped off the water heater cover, pushed in a basement door, tore a big piece of fiberglass and molding off and a general mess to the paint. The coach has been in the shop for 3 weeks now.

Got a call yesterday that the cost is up to about $7k (thank god for insurance) but..... they are having a terrible time getting parts from Coachmen. They have called everyday asking when they are going to be shipped out and no luck and still no tracking number.

Anyone gone through something like this and if yes, any suggestions to get Coachmen on the ball to get our parts out? We are not on a time crunch (not leaving for Nascar in Phoenix until November) but it's the point.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #2

Same thing happened to me. My Coachmen TT was missing some simple things like a lens cover for an overhead light, furnace vent cover, etc. Took Coachmen 3.5 months to ship the parts. I KNOW they are using this stuff in the 2014 TT they are making now. Dealer dosent understand it either. You can call Coachmen, talk to parts dept. and ask them what the problem is. I have never gotten a definate answer from anyone abt. this.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. These kind of things really make you uncomfortable about a company and how they feel and treat their customers after the purchase.

We love our coach but it's the little things like this that make you go... hmmmm. I think if the repair place doesn't get an answer by next Thursday I will get in the middle. Really shouldn't have to do that.

Hope you got you issues squared away.... thanks again for making me feel a bit better that we're not the only ones.

Safe travels!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlekuin View Post
Thanks for the advice. These kind of things really make you uncomfortable about a company and how they feel and treat their customers after the purchase.

We love our coach but it's the little things like this that make you go... hmmmm. I think if the repair place doesn't get an answer by next Thursday I will get in the middle. Really shouldn't have to do that.

Hope you got you issues squared away.... thanks again for making me feel a bit better that we're not the only ones.

Safe travels!
I needed to order a replacement compartment door back in May. Spoke to Dwayne Johnson at Forest River and he had the supplier drop ship it right to me. Got it in 2 weeks. Dwayne's # is 574-825-8317 and email address is dwaynejohnson@forestriverinc.com. Good luck!!
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nelsonc View Post
I needed to order a replacement compartment door back in May. Spoke to Dwayne Johnson at Forest River and he had the supplier drop ship it right to me. Got it in 2 weeks. Dwayne's # is 574-825-8317 and email address is dwaynejohnson@forestriverinc.com. Good luck!!
Thanks so much! I will get in touch with him on Tuesday if the shop has not had any success. We truly do appreciate all that we have learned on this forum.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nelsonc View Post

Dwayne was just as responsive for me. I had a bad passenger seat belt (would jam and DW could not pull belt out).

When I told Dwayne what the issue was all he asked for was my home address. I had a new belt in hand, no charge, in days. Easy install.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37 TZ pulling a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS). Many upgrades, additions, mods, and changes to the coach.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #7

Well, latest update. Still don't have the parts. Four different people have tried calling Dwayne and emailing him with no response. We had heard he was of with a hand injury and just back about 10 days ago. My husband even went to the dealership we bought the coach from and place an order too.

Our coach has been in the shop since Aug 28th. Sitting for over 3 weeks now because we can't get the moldings so they can paint. We have now cancelled our Phoenix Nascar race because we're afraid we won't get the coach back in time to get a shake down run or two done before we go to make sure everything is working correctly.

Very Frustrating! My sister in law lives in Indiana and if she was not in the south, about 5 hours away, I would beg her to up to the factory and get the parts for us,

We do appreciate everyone's advice.....
Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #8

Have been trying through dealership I purchased coach from to order some spare ceramic floor tiles. Almost 2 months later and still no response from Forest River. May have to try myself but I may get the same results. I find it a little hard to understand why there is no response?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
Always Learning

I'd try yourself- I'm not saying it's always the case, but after seeing an exchange between my dealer and Sabre, I definitely can believe it's not always FR.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #10

Final resolution: We finally got a hold of John Vrydaghs-a service manager at Coachmen 574-825-8212 Johnv@forestriverinc.com. He called me back and I gave him contact information for all the places that had ordered our stuff. He called me back about 15 minutes later and said he talked to our local dealer that we ordered through and the items were delivered that same morning.... Gosh, thanks for letting us know.My husband paid for 2nd day shipping, but get this, it was ordered October 8th and didn't ship until October 16th and we got charged $133.00 in shipping. Ridiculous.

So we pick up the molding, drive it to the auto body shop. Walk in, talk to the owner, he opens the box and says, this is the wrong stuff. SERIOUSLY? We ordered the part numbers you gave us. So then the owner says, well, I have this other molding that is 1/4 inch wider that we can use if you don't mind. OMG!!! You have had this as an option all along? Like anyone is going to notice the molding on the right is 1/4 wider than the left?

At least he bought the parts from us, including the $133 shipping fee. So, we should get the coach back the end of next week.

We have already canceled our trip to Nascar at Phoenix because we didn't know the status and made other non-refundable plans. But we will finally get the coach back, after almost 9 weeks.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Tags
coachmen, parts