Old 09-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #91
World Wide Wanderer

Glad you guys are breaking ground on this one for me! Now I just need to get the CFO to let me buy a Jeep. I wouldn't mind having an old CJ like the one I had back in the 70's. I think we might have an old DJ-5A up behind the barn...

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #92

Well here's a rookie question for you. I decided to run the generator this morning to keep the carb clean. First, I unplugged my extension chord to the house. Generator started just fine, then I thought, might as well turn on a TV and watch some football out here. Neither the bedroom or living room TV will turn on. The radio/DVD player turns on, but not the TVs. I even tried pushing the power button on the side in the living room TV. Nothing!

I read the FR manual (paragraph attached) and aside from being poorly written doesn't help. Is there some switch that I have to flip in order to get them to work on generator?

I turned OFF the generator and plugged back in to the house and now the TVs work just fine.

2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
Well here's a rookie question for you. I decided to run the generator this morning to keep the carb clean. First, I unplugged my extension chord to the house. Generator started just fine, then I thought, might as well turn on a TV and watch some football out here. Neither the bedroom or living room TV will turn on. The radio/DVD player turns on, but not the TVs. I even tried pushing the power button on the side in the living room TV. Nothing!

I read the FR manual (paragraph attached) and aside from being poorly written doesn't help. Is there some switch that I have to flip in order to get them to work on generator?

I turned OFF the generator and plugged back in to the house and now the TVs work just fine.
OOPS... forgot the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	119938  
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 09-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #94

Did you plug your power cord back into the outlet for it inside the cord storage compartment? Generator won't supply 120 volt power with out that plugged in.

Hope that helps.

Dick
Old 09-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #95
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardelarson View Post
Did you plug your power cord back into the outlet for it inside the cord storage compartment? Generator won't supply 120 volt power with out that plugged in.

Hope that helps.

Dick
Bingo!

There is a plug inside the cord compartment where you have to plug the power cord in for it to power up the unit from the generator. It is a safety feature to keep you from back feeding the power grid.

Eventually I plan to put an auto switch over isolation switch in, they are around $250 or a bit less.

I would love to know how they power the televisions with 12 volts. Ain't gonna happen in our units, unless you add an inverter or install a 12 volt television.

Aaron

Old 09-11-2016, 02:58 PM   #96

Quote:

Hope that helps.

Dick
Of course I didn't do that! THANKS SO MUCH.
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 09-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #97

There are 12 volt tv's but pricy.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #98
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
There are 12 volt tv's but pricy.
I had two They were older LED's with a 12 volt power supply, I made an adapter cord to be able to power them off of 12 volt in my Airstream. IIRC they were stupid cheap, $100 at Wally world on clearance sale. I gave one to my DD to use in her off grid cabin in MA and the other went with the Coleman when we sold it. They were tiny, 19". Progress doesn't always work the way we think it should. Having to run a noisy (relatively speaking) 4500 watt generator to watch a 65 watt television is my definition of insanity.

I don't watch much television, so I will either do without or wait for my wife to complain enough about it that I put in an inverter to power them off the batteries.

Aaron

Old 09-14-2016, 02:40 PM   #99

Water pressure INTO the coach

I've been very cautious putting water into the coach while I recently sanitized. I think I read somewhere that the pressure should not exceed 40 psi. I was looking in the manual and I couldn't find anything about restricting water pressure into the coach. I DID see that they recommend not exceeding 30 when blowing out the lines. So my 2 questions today:
  1. What pressure do you fill or flush your fresh water tank?
  2. What pressure do you flush your Black tank? Not going to ask what pressure you FILL your Black tank...
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 09-14-2016, 04:59 PM   #100
World Wide Wanderer

IF everything is put together properly and in good shape 50 psi shouldn't cause any damage. I think 40 psi is a safe/reasonable working load, I have had mine up to 65 psi because I didn't have the pressure reducer available and did not have any issues. My biggest concern is some of the cheap fittings and faucets they use. If I had plumbed it 100 psi wouldn't hurt anything!

Aaron

Tags
black