Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I best not let the wife read your post! She'll be looking for an "A" for sure! 🎊
I pretty much need to stay working full time for about 2 years to build up what SS I'm going to get. We didn't pay into it at the old job. Then I can cut back or fully retire.... Depends on what the wife has talked me into for RV's. She's got another 6-7 years to go before she can retire, plus she's carrying the insurance for now. ⏳
Your Phaeton looks great.... And it sounds like you got a great deal. You did say AR in your email... I just had a semi-senior moment. But, like I said, I knew the Tiffin plant was in AL! 😀
EVERYTHING about this coach is excellent. Can't wait to actually hit the road. In the meantime, I'm trying to digest these 20 pounds of user manuals. Hang in there Larry. Retirement is even better than expected. I know you'll be good at it. [emoji106]
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_123514.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	143486Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_123456.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	143487Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_123532.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	143488
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #602
DW's 401(k) Plan

Does it have a dishwasher? That would be all I need to sell her!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #603

Quote:
Does it have a dishwasher? That would be all I need to sell her!
No dishwasher, but it has a central vacuum & surround system. 😉👍
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 07-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #604
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJeep22 View Post
No dishwasher, but it has a central vacuum & surround system. 😉👍
Hmm... Need dishwasher.... AND NOT ME! She says I dirty too many pans when I cook. [emoji15]

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 07-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #605

Quote:
Hmm... Need dishwasher.... AND NOT ME! She says I dirty too many pans when I cook. [emoji15]
It does have a washer & dryer that are awesome. My wife said to tell you, SHE'S the dishwasher! 😉
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 07-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #606

Congrats on the new rig!!!

Somehow my subscription to this thread stopped sending me updates and I got busy with life and didn't check in until today. Wow, what an update!

I hear ya on the retirement thing, I turned 50 this year and have slowly worked my way that direction. So much so that we've started construction on a house in Phoenix and are selling our Kansas City home to move South. We'll be in PHX Oct-Nov this year...maybe we'll meet up down there next winter.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post

Somehow my subscription to this thread stopped sending me updates and I got busy with life and didn't check in until today. Wow, what an update!

I hear ya on the retirement thing, I turned 50 this year and have slowly worked my way that direction. So much so that we've started construction on a house in Phoenix and are selling our Kansas City home to move South. We'll be in PHX Oct-Nov this year...maybe we'll meet up down there next winter.
We'll be in Yuma from Jan-Apr. That would be cool.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 08-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #608

Hey Steve, hope you are still out enjoying that beautiful Class A...

Hopefully also you can help me with something...did I remember that you put a swing out TV mount in your 300DS? I know someone said they did but I can't seem to find it again.

I'm looking to move my Furrion TV out away and over to make it easier to see from couch (soon to be replaced with recliners) and am wondering how far I need a mount to move away from the wall and if most standard mounts will work on the Furrion?

Standard extension seems to be 18-20" but I'm seeing some at 29" which would really move the TV out...but they get pricey quick.

Anyway, if you have any tips and time to share, would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lance
Old 08-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #609

Quote:
Hey Steve, hope you are still out enjoying that beautiful Class A...

Hopefully also you can help me with something...did I remember that you put a swing out TV mount in your 300DS? I know someone said they did but I can't seem to find it again.

I'm looking to move my Furrion TV out away and over to make it easier to see from couch (soon to be replaced with recliners) and am wondering how far I need a mount to move away from the wall and if most standard mounts will work on the Furrion?

Standard extension seems to be 18-20" but I'm seeing some at 29" which would really move the TV out...but they get pricey quick.

Anyway, if you have any tips and time to share, would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lance
Howdy Lance. We actually have the Phaeton in (covered) storage right now... but am looking for a place to camp in September. You have me confused with John, (JJSPEEDWAGON). He put a swiveling mount above the cab and a second AC unit. Give him a shout out. Hope you're out enjoying your ride as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170802_140003.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	147638
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 08-08-2017, 09:51 PM   #610

Thanks!!! I'll shout out to him.

Heading out in ours again Thurs to a race in Indiana. Get to dry camp in paddock for a few days and really put all my solar and inverter upgrades to the test.

Just got back from 8 days in Colorado on a pleasure trip as well. Over 20,000 miles on ours now. Looking at a few interior seating and TV viewing upgrades next.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #611

Quote:
Thanks!!! I'll shout out to him.

Heading out in ours again Thurs to a race in Indiana. Get to dry camp in paddock for a few days and really put all my solar and inverter upgrades to the test.

Just got back from 8 days in Colorado on a pleasure trip as well. Over 20,000 miles on ours now. Looking at a few interior seating and TV viewing upgrades next.
Very cool Lance! Enjoy! 😉👍
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 08-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #612

Nice phaeton! Tiffin builds a nice rig! I retired at 61&1/2 and we bought a 34' Journey. We went full-timing traveling the country doing volunteer work at state parks in Texas and Arizona. Volunteering gets you a FHU sites which was nice. We eventually traded the Journey in for a Itasca Horizon 40KD. Believe it or not driving the 40' wasn't much different than driving the 34'. My wife loved driving both. She took a 4 hour driving lesson from a semi truck driving instructor. We stopped full-timing last year as we rent a townhouse on a Air Force base in Florida. We downsized to a 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS and love it. Not full-timing we no longer needed a 40' bus. Have fun and enjoy that class A DP!
jackhal49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhal49 View Post
Nice phaeton! Tiffin builds a nice rig! I retired at 61&1/2 and we bought a 34' Journey. We went full-timing traveling the country doing volunteer work at state parks in Texas and Arizona. Volunteering gets you a FHU sites which was nice. We eventually traded the Journey in for a Itasca Horizon 40KD. Believe it or not driving the 40' wasn't much different than driving the 34'. My wife loved driving both. She took a 4 hour driving lesson from a semi truck driving instructor. We stopped full-timing last year as we rent a townhouse on a Air Force base in Florida. We downsized to a 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS and love it. Not full-timing we no longer needed a 40' bus. Have fun and enjoy that class A DP!
[emoji106] [emoji274]
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #614

Hey guys, (Aaron/John/Larry/Lance, and others)... I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts of your summer camping adventures. Please don't tell me you've been too busy! What's up? I miss you guys.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 10-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #615
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Hey guys, (Aaron/John/Larry/Lance, and others)... I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts of your summer camping adventures. Please don't tell me you've been too busy! What's up? I miss you guys.
Get out of my head! Was wondering about you... and what you've been up to, now that you are rubbing elbows with the elite.
We've only been out 4-5 times this year. Oldest son and DiL had a baby the end of February, so Opa and Grammy Sarah have been taking time to see the grand-daughter. That and work around the house.
Since PhotoBucket decided to screw it's free clients, I haven't quite decided what service to use so I can post pictures. DW talked me into a canoe.... not my idea of a good time.
Since last weekend was our last outing for the year, now it's time to winterize. Joy, Joy.
So... what have YOU been up to? What forum are you hanging out on so I can lurk.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 10-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #616

new 2018 concord 300TS

Sure hope I'm not interrupting any convo here...I have and love the concord and haven't made any mods yet since I spend so much time repairing that cheap ass venthood switch lol. Any way, my main question is I plan on taking a trip from Arkansas to California over Christmas and am a n=bit worried about the cold temps and what do I need to do to prepare the concord? Thanks for the help. As you all know my tanks have heat pads on them, and in the lower states it hopefully won't get down to below freezing too much hopefully. Thanks.
chief5631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:49 AM   #617

Quote:

Lance, we'll be in Yuma from Jan through Apr.
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #618

Quote:
Get out of my head! Was wondering about you... and what you've been up to, now that you are rubbing elbows with the elite.
We've only been out 4-5 times this year. Oldest son and DiL had a baby the end of February, so Opa and Grammy Sarah have been taking time to see the grand-daughter. That and work around the house.
Since PhotoBucket decided to screw it's free clients, I haven't quite decided what service to use so I can post pictures. DW talked me into a canoe.... not my idea of a good time.
Since last weekend was our last outing for the year, now it's time to winterize. Joy, Joy.
So... what have YOU been up to? What forum are you hanging out on so I can lurk.
Hey, Larry... That canoe will be good for your "core".

OK, I'll back up a little bit. We drove the Concord from Vancouver, WA to Little Rock, AK (at the end of June) to make the trade up to the Phaeton. Traveled through WA/OR/ID/UT/WY/CO/KS/OK/AR.

We stayed in a park right across the street from downtown LR and watched the fireworks that were shot off from a barge right out in front of us. Very cool.

Tiffin's factory and Service Center is in Red Bay, AL. Since we were so close close, we headed for Red Bay to have some things checked out. While there we had a satellite dish installed and some other things done. Very cool place. It was ALL TIFFINS. They have their own campground, right across a big gravel parking area from maybe 53 service bays. Each service bay specializes in a different thing... painting, plumbing, electrical. Camping was $20/night. We were there for about a week.

From there we headed to Gulf Shores, AL. Spent a couple of days. Then onto New Orleans for a couple of days. Headed for Albuquerque for a few days after that. Then headed for Moab, UT and home. Traveled through AL/MS/LA/TX/OK/NM/CO/UT/ID/OR/WA.

IT WAS HOT THE WHOLE TRIP. Had some great lightening and thunder storms in AK & AL. We did take a few side trips off the freeways in that big bus... went to some old historic plantations in the south.

Made it home safe and sound and have been working on little things on the Phaeton since. Replaced the living room TV with a 39" Samsung, replaced the ceiling lights with LEDs... I've found it doesn't matter what RV you own... there is ALWAYS something to work on. Recently winterized it and it was so nice having everything in the wet bay... FW tank drain, Low Point drains and a built in way to pump bleach into the FW tank or vinegar into the water heater.

We did take a 9 day trip to Bend/Sisters, OR in September and got to "play" with our new second home.

We are headed for Yuma, AZ around the first week in January for a 4 month stay in a beautiful resort we found last year. They are having a special 2 for 1 deal... buy a week, get a second week free, buy a month, get a second month free. We bought 2 months.

So there you go, an update on what we've been up to. Looking forward to hearing about adventures from you guys.

OH, the forums I've been hanging out in:
3 - Facebook pages:
  1. Tiffin Motorhomes Friends
  2. Tiffin Motorhome Owners Group
  3. Phaeton Motorhome Owners
1 - Tiffin Forum:
  1. Tiffin RV Network
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plantations.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	154073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phaeton_Storage.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	154077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vancouver_TO_LittleRock.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	154081   Click image for larger version

Name:	LittleRock_To_Home.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	154082  
Garmin RV 660 MLT
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #619
DW's 401(k) Plan

Canoe is not for the "core" - DW decided she wanted to go out on the water - Canoe is equipped with a trolling motor!
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...5_FYOacEbeuPEg
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...e66V5u2_uvBou0
I figure in about 6 years or so, we'll be tooling around the country. DW still has to work for the time being. I robbed the craddle and now I'm paying for it.
The reason our camping was limited this year was due to the oldest son and his wife had a baby in February and we're trying to spend some time with the grand-daughter as she grows up. I have a suspicion they are going to be moving to Ocracoke Island, NC in the not too distant future and our visiting is really going to be curtailed. It appears the grand-daughter doesn't like traveling much, so trying to get them to join us for a weekend in the camper is out of the question. Maybe next year when she gets older... IF they are still fairly close by.

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 10-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #620
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Working all over God's Green Earth!

We got a long weekend in April, then MIL had to have a heart valve replaced, that wiped out May and June. Went for a week in July and it was way too hot, we decided we won't be doing that again. I currently am covering close to a dozen projects in 8 states, so camping time is hard to come by. I took this past week off to do an emergency bathroom repair, the floor under the tub let go. And I am not impressed with most of the handy man repair types in this area. I can do it myself and it will be done right... Heading back out on the road Monday morning for a two week run, I will be in MD, NY, PA, VA, KY, TN, GA and SC before I get home. We are toying with the idea of heading to the Outer Banks of NC the first week of December if I can get the time off. We did take the camper to our local Highland Games for a single night. So that is the closest I have gotten to camping since July.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black