Old 09-02-2016, 05:48 AM   #61
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Attachment 119174

Hey have ya'll been sneaking peaks at this?
Way above my pay grade...

Wife's cousins just bought a used Allegro Bus. Nice unit, but not for me. I like my Concord a lot better.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:51 AM   #62
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
I never really got a manual with mine. It was like a generic forest river manual. And a huge stack of individual component manual. We had an awesome tech walk us threw our concord about 5 hrs. We spent night at MHSRV dealer. I think coachmen is turning into a rv strength again. It is under forest River but coachmen does its own thing. That bus above is coachmen and it can compete with best of them I think and price doesn't knock ya down. We don't want class A. But it's nice to see coachmen puttin it out there
So did your tech tell you how to winterize the water system? I forgot about the outside shower, never use it.

Aaron

Old 09-02-2016, 10:29 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
So did your tech tell you how to winterize the water system? I forgot about the outside shower, never use it.

Aaron
Not that I remember. Our walk through lasted about 30 minutes. She (I think) was a substitute. After finishing the walk through, I saw she was working behind the parts counter. The one thing that stands out in my mind was when we walked past that swing out sewer contraption and she pointed and said, "That's where you hook up the sewer line."... and kept walking. I stopped and said," Wait, how exactly is that done"? Neither she or the 3 techs had ever seen anything quite like that and they were all stumped on how to hook it up, until finally they took it off, hooked up 10 feet of my sewer hose, then tried to cram it back into the contraption. It wouldn't collapse enough to fit, so they had to cut some off... A real cluster F&@$.
2008 Jeep Sahara
-Blue Ox base plate | Ready Brute Elite
BlackJeep22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #64

Quote:

Aaron
So... The thing I'm not clear about is that blue valve switch that can be set to "Fill/Winterize" or "City Water".
What do you suppose the difference is? When set to City Water, the new water goes straight to the tank?

The reason I ask is because my brand new motorhome came with the fresh water tank 2/3 full and I want to sanitize it... Bleach water/Soak/Drain/Flush. It seems I should have the Blue valve set to City Water to make sure my bleach solution goes into the stale water in my fresh water tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160812_133155280_HDR.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	119218  
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 09-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #65
World Wide Wanderer

The city water setting just pressurizes the water system using the the water pressure from the hose, you have to have it on winterize/tank fill to get water into the fresh tank. Someone, somewhere HAS to have some idea of how this is supposed to work for winterizing/sanitizing. Or maybe not.

Aaron

Old 09-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #66
Land of the Midnightsun

2 ways to winterize. But I'm gonna call over at MHSRV first talk to my bro tech first. 1st way. Bypass water heater and drain. Then screw in air fitting to city water and blow out all water lines no more than 30 psi. ( prob be ok but don't think I'll do that ) or get water hose T ( siphone fitting) garden hose one end. Bottom conection into jug of antifreeze stuff then end conection into winterize/tank fill. Then pump in 3-4 gal of antifreeze with use of water hose Then go inside turn pump on run all water faucet until you see pink. ( hot & cold sides ) toilet to. Don't forget outside shower. Then take extra gal of antifreeze and poor in shower drain and all P traps. Think I'll do that way. We freeze here but only day or 2. Could just turn tank heaters on also and turn furnace on 50 degrees
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #67
Land of the Midnightsun

Eather way bypass and drain water heater
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #68
World Wide Wanderer

I always blow the lines 30-40 psi is plenty good, bypass and drain water heater. I think our units have the waterless P-traps, however RV anti-freeze down the drains won't hurt and is pretty cheap insurance. I haven't pumped an RV full of anti-freeze in years. We occasionally will get a low in the mid to upper 20's, usually in the 30's and 40's. So hard freezes are rare and seldom last more than a day.

I got clearance from the CFO to build a new barn after the first of the year so I will be able to park the Concord inside. Don't plan to heat the barn, but eventually it will be fully insulated which will help temper the weather extremes.

Aaron

Old 09-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #69

Quote:
I always blow the lines 30-40 psi is plenty good, bypass and drain water heater. I think our units have the waterless P-traps, however RV anti-freeze down the drains won't hurt and is pretty cheap insurance. I haven't pumped an RV full of anti-freeze in years. We occasionally will get a low in the mid to upper 20's, usually in the 30's and 40's. So hard freezes are rare and seldom last more than a day.

I got clearance from the CFO to build a new barn after the first of the year so I will be able to park the Concord inside. Don't plan to heat the barn, but eventually it will be fully insulated which will help temper the weather extremes.

Aaron
Aaron,
Would you also open (and leave open) the Low Point drains under the fridge while blowing the lines?
Also... Where exactly is the water heater bypass valve? Is it in the water heater compartment?
2008 Jeep Sahara
Old 09-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #70
Land of the Midnightsun

Congrats on your barn. I think I'm gonna get one of the big canvas tent things so we can take it with us when we sell this place. Might pour slabs for it. I have 30x 40 shop but won't go threw door. Your hot water bypass is under fridge think it's pannel on left

Tags
black